AuthorTopic: rear disk brakes on a sammy?  (Read 658 times)

Offline sharper13

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
rear disk brakes on a sammy?
« on: January 24, 2007, 21:25:46 »
Has anyone one done a rear disk conversion on a road going sj, im thinking of doing it to mine but am unsure after a conversation with someone highlighting brake presures and MOTs.
so my question is has anyone got a sj thru an mot with this conversion?.
if so how?
Breaking it is more FUN, than fixing it!

SHARPER13...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlAQHP30s_Y

Offline muddyzook

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 21:36:11 »
I do a disc converstion kit, that will take both the SJ or the Rover 620 caliper, the Rover caliper will give you the hand brake and as the caliper is small should not give you a problem getting it through an MOT. You could always fit a bias valve when you fit your kit and then it can be tweeked to get the MOT done.
If you don't know where you are going any road will take you there!

Check our EBAY store for Rear Disc Convesions and other zook mods/extras

Offline mud-ian

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:19:58 »
Hi,
  I've got the spidertrax disc kit on my sammy and it has gone through two MOT's so far with no problems at all. It also makes changing wheel bearings a lot easier. I did add an adjustable bias valve and changed most of the pipes. You lose the hand brake but I've got a 410 t-case with one on it so no worries there.
  I read somewhere you should not use welded conversion kits on the road or above 30 mph. The spidertrax kit is machined from a billet and is much safer.
 Ian
zuki samurai- 410 transfer box,spidertrax rear discs, swift engine, 2" lifted springs, 2" shackels,roll bar, roof rack, pick-up'ed, pro comps, braided lines etc etc, and loving it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal