AuthorTopic: M6 Numpty  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
M6 Numpty
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2004, 19:06:33 »
But back to the numpties, they're a daily occurance arn't they?

Friday (should have stayed in bed) afternoon, pupil is driving quite correctly through Worksop, passing a 38ton HGV that is parked half on the kerb and obscuring the zig-zag-lines for a pelican crossing (pop-quiz, how many points is this worth on your licence?) when the truck just pulls out into the road and sets off.  To add insult to injury, just as we are recovering from being forced into the middle of the road, oncoming traffic and all, the HGV then signals as if to say "yeah mate, meant to do that"
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Wanderer

Attack Member
M6 Numpty
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2004, 19:13:37 »
3?
It's time it was enforced instead of all the scamera stuff!

Towing back from Northampton today and a CLOD (Centre Lane Only Driver) matched me for speed all of the way up to an HGV with me in Lane 1 and them in lane 2. Plenty of room in front of her for me to pull into but no way. Big queue of about a dozen Sunday CLODS tailgating her. Nothing in lane 3 but no way were they going to let me in or move out to lane 3.

Ed
Ed
1993 200tdi Snorkly

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
M6 Numpty
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2004, 19:42:21 »
Unfortunatley you are one of only a handful of drivers who know that the indicator doesn't suddenly give you the right of way, situations reversed how many times do car drivers indicate then pull out, like it's your place to avoid them?  Look closely at my picture, the corners of our car are covered in reflective tape!  It's nickname is 'The Spanish Inquisition', No-one expects the spanish inquisition! (sorry, Julie is a big Python nut).
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal