AuthorTopic: Photoshop help needed  (Read 281 times)

Offline thermidorthelobster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Photoshop help needed
« on: July 10, 2006, 11:28:06 »
I thought I'd ask you nice people here before throwing this over to the wolves of Usenet.

I want to create a gradient layer mask in an irregular shape.  The easiest way I can see to do this is to draw a standard black-white gradient in an irregular shape and then convert it into a layer mask.  But...

I can use the gradient tool to draw a straight light-dark gradient at an angle, or around a circle, but I can't work out how to draw an irregular gradient.  Imagine for example drawing a triangle with a light colour in the middle, dark colour on the outside and a gradient between the two areas.  Or drawing an ellipse (not a circle) with light on the inside gradiented to dark on the outside.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline Bob696

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Photoshop help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 16:14:22 »
Use a mucking great brush with as much feathering on it as you can then click off the edge of the picture. It will take practise but it works.
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal