AuthorTopic: WORK !!!!!!!!  (Read 1108 times)

Offline yer auld aunt nelly

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
WORK !!!!!!!!
« on: July 03, 2006, 16:15:13 »
You'd think with all the advertising saying that england is currently so many thousands short of HGV drivers,That id be beating them of with a stick.I've had my class 2 since april.And to be honest with you i've more chance of singing in the vatican choir.Where are all these companies crying out for drivers.Not bloody well round here ! I mean I paid a LARGE amount of money for these lisence's and they arnt worth the paper.Please anyone got any ideas     :roll:
yer better not naff this up an come back to these shores or god help me yer auld aunt nelly will jump out of her grave an like as not kick yer teeth in......

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 16:31:15 »
Employ a vocal coach?

Sorry, couldn't resist  :D
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Edge

WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 16:59:20 »
Agency work....... thats how my father started..... within 6mths he finally found a company he enjoyed driving for and just popped the question..... "anychance of setting me on permanently?".....they said yes.

Offline landyman37

Attack Member
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 19:45:24 »
Quote from: "TRUG"
Agency work....... thats how my father started..... within 6mths he finally found a company he enjoyed driving for and just popped the question..... "anychance of setting me on permanently?".....they said yes.

That will be the best way.Most places want experianced drivers on the agency you could gain yourself working hours.
Regards Phil

Ya twisting me melons man.

Offline blackbob

Attack Member
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 19:52:57 »
they say no experiance no job
but no job so no experiance
love's mud and lpg and the wife
skype ekken3011

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 20:09:28 »
I started driving for truck rental firms.
Delivering the trucks all over the country
You get to drive a lot of different sized motors.

I was in Milton Keynes the other day looking at jobs
Their out there....Dont give up!
Try walking into some of the transport firms and just ask.
You never know
 :D
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 20:11:50 »
Quote from: "Jake"

Try walking into some of the transport firms and just ask.
You never know

That's what my grandfather did in the '50s.  He went into the ford Halewood factory and the next week he was driving transporters for Ford! :o  He was on very good pay back then too, 'bout 50k a year while driving these transporters.  :shock:

PUX

WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 22:35:48 »
yeah i drive now and agin for agencys for some extra beer tokens and they are always trying to offer jobs, bit of a snob me i will only do artics as i detest multi drop :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Attack Member
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 22:57:39 »
I cant even get through the door at agency's BECAUSE every contract they have ask's for two years minimum exp.Since tesco's, the Fiege site i was on and a fair few others in M.K.closed theres a O.D. of drivers (is the excuse used) Plus ive mentioned before we have eastern european gents a plenty who all have military H.G.V.s lisence. :roll: Its turning round and now the jobs are more out there,but the legacy of the "tight" winter just gone is now employers can call there own tunes.But the main issue is its insurance companys that call the tune that employers dance to.So back to chicken an egg where do you get experiance  :roll:
yer better not naff this up an come back to these shores or god help me yer auld aunt nelly will jump out of her grave an like as not kick yer teeth in......

Offline BrumLee

Attack Member
Re: WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 23:00:51 »
Quote from: "yer auld aunt nelly"
Please anyone got any ideas     :roll:

Change your name by deed-poll to something that sounds Polish and speak in a Polish accent, that may help  :wink:  :shock:
Lee from Brum

PUX

WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 23:34:14 »
ermmm i think the only reason i got work cus of wot i used to drive with the army and now im with the airforce i still driving em so they must count that as experince and trust me driving some of them sheds is :shock:  :lol:  its out there u will stumble across some soon i hope fingers crossed for ya :D

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 08:17:10 »
I was lucky in that my father owned trucks so i got expierience thru him and where i worked they ran a truck which i used to drive if the normal driver was off sick/holidays etc
The agency i,m with wanted 2 years of driving expierience as well but i showed them what i had driven and they took me on for weekend work driving fridges, which i had no time on at all  :shock:  bt they were very keen for drivers so they trained me on them.
try asking in companys if you can accompany a driver at weekends to get some hours in free if no ones hiring
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Edge

WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 10:05:55 »
Yeah keep searching matey, try further afield. If you've got no kids.... pack your bags and spend a fortnight touring britain, it'd be a nice holiday and you can look for a decent job while your out there........
I went to Bournemouth for a weekend many years ago...... ended up with a job in Poole Dorset at "Wayfarer Transit Systems".
My quality of life doubled compared to the north midlands. Ive never looked back.

Offline landroverkeith

Attack Member
  • Wilby
    • wilby, northants
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 10:37:39 »
Have u tried the large local boys in northampton ???

You Got Wrefords, Swifts, E M Rogers, and just about everyone in northampton at some point has worked for C.Butt`s  lol
2004 D2 TD5 es Premium - R99 MUD
1965 Series 2a 88" V8 "rag top"          
2000 TD5 Es - W99 MUD
Sankey Trailer

Offline discograham

Attack Member
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 16:18:59 »
There is plenty of work out there for those with experience.. and that is the criteria company's are looking for .. all down to insurance... but less class two work than class one as the class one drivers can drive a c2 if they were desperate but not the other way around.. if you follow me...
I could work most days if I  choose to do so, but ive over 20 years in artics behind me. Stick at it.. most drivers, like myself, started on agency before they got their break. Yours will come... and save for your class one. :shock:
*The grave of Karl Marx is just another communist plot*
*Racial prejudice is a pigment of the imagination*
*Last Tuesdays meeting of the apathy society has just been cancelled*

HORNET
Disco 300tdi ES, Rebel steering guard, QT diff guards, QT cones, Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, 2" lift, Extended stops,  Safari snorkel, 33/12.50/15 Khumo's, Greenway light bar, Rock and tree sliders, nice new door seals and an empty wallet.

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants-green-lane.co.uk

www.northants4x4.com

Attack Member
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 16:45:23 »
I've already paid for my class1 training just got to book the time and test.But I realy did want some time driving the rigid's before going to the big wheelers and again the same criterier 2yr's exp  :cry:

Offline Garin

Attack Member
Re: WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 19:06:26 »
Quote from: "BrumLee"
Quote from: "yer auld aunt nelly"
Please anyone got any ideas     :roll:

Change your name by deed-poll to something that sounds Polish and speak in a Polish accent, that may help  :wink:  :shock:

There's a article on the front of truckstop news that they are using one polish driving license number for up to ten different names

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
WORK !!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 21:37:38 »
yer auld aunt nelly

Try TNT anywhere or NRG in Wellingborough.
Both are looking for ridgid drivers.
It might not be the start that your after (multi drop) but it'll get your 2 years experience in no time
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal