AuthorTopic: something rotten in denmark ?  (Read 755 times)

Offline yer auld aunt nelly

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
something rotten in denmark ?
« on: June 10, 2006, 08:34:08 »
Hi im not going on a out of order rant and i will try and be as p.c. as i can but ive been involved in an incident that by its very nature means im going to come across as a bigot! But believe me im trying to be impartial.
 Im trying to sell my 110 on eblag now the normal loonacy aplies I know but this one incident just rubbed me right up the wrong way.Firstly I recieved a phone call from what I thought was one of my mates doing a very silly peter sellers asian accent but I went along with it.In the end it turns out it was serious though I explained that the person may be dealing with my wife.After I managed to decipher what was being said.We was at deal done just come and get your goods stage (And I will take it off ebay,it counting as sold) After all his brother needed a 110 by this weekend !
 Come the event Laaki turned up while I was at work about 5 mins later my good wife phones me in a distressed state this guy and his 2 brothers were demanding the keys (without handing over any money) and were proceeding to walk around the motor KICKING it and pulling on the doors etc.
 So when the cavalry arived in the shape of 16 stone of angry tattooed ex-doorman,my how there attitude changed
  For a start these three sri lanken lads were as much brothers as me and mrs thatcher ! They then tried and I do mean TRIED to hassle me into selling the motor that they had struck the deal at 2k for into a 1400 deal.
 Well you can imagine my response in the end they were HAPPY to settle  at 1200.Not a reflection on the car but more a reflection of there purpose !
  One of the varied reasons they said for wanting a 110 was to strip for parts to send back home.And it turned out that Laaki didnt know about landys it was his brother ( Who spoke better english than the one I spoken to)
  When I had the initial conversation I was told no problems getting to me they were just down the road in london.Then when they were trying to  work the deal one of there main bargaining points was "we have travelled all the way from leeds to buy this car" "So we are buying your car today"
  Not at 1200 was my answer at witch point there was almost an under current of physical intimidation on there behalf.
 So I drew in one of my " your names not down your not coming in" breaths and was ready for all intense and purpose's for a kick of.
 At that point they were in there car and off.I didnt get a reg on the motor or a proper ebay name, but im a bit miffed as you can imagine especially   as they thought they could bully my good wife when she was on here own with my 18mth old son.
 Sorry to ramble a bit,but any thoughts any one         :?
yer better not naff this up an come back to these shores or god help me yer auld aunt nelly will jump out of her grave an like as not kick yer teeth in......

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 09:02:38 »
Firstly I hope your good wife is ok! She should really have phoned the police and then you.  Dam shame you didnt manage to get a reg number cos the first thing you could have done then is phone the police. Secondly, do you have a garage? The reason I ask is I am wondering if these idiots might be daft enough to try coming back and stealing the motor?? I dont think there will be anything ebay will be able to do as you say you didnt get  a proper name so really not much you can do on any front other than being more particular about who you sell to I spose which is probably not very realistic but at least it may keep your family safe.
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:13:27 »
Well the other point is I do have 2 very protective english bull terriers!So there was never realy that much threat to my wife.But it does make me think is that why they came because they thought they would be dealing with the wife on her own!
yer better not naff this up an come back to these shores or god help me yer auld aunt nelly will jump out of her grave an like as not kick yer teeth in......

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:18:08 »
Sounds like its possible, maybe the best thing you can do is arrange for all future viewings while you are at home, or atleast make sure someone else can be there with your wife, not necessarily for protections but as a witness in case anything else like this should happen. It is a sad state of affairs when you have to think like this but it seems to be the world we now live in. :(
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Offline JeepRikk

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 12:49:42 »
I had a simular thing a while back. My nan who was 85 at the time was selling her house I insisted on being in the house while people where viewing but kept out of the way as it's her home to sell and she wanted to do it herself.
Our area is quickly being taken over by asians and the first people to visit where a group of about 6 males (sp)
I left them to it till I heard a door close downstairs and and voices all theirs slowly rising, I went down and found all 6 of them standing in a circle around my nan who is 4 foot 7 inches all very forcefully telling her she would sell at 25k below what she was asking.
The tone changed dramatically when they saw me in the doorway, i told them to leave immediatly which they did without fuss.
To say I was sickened and astonished that they would do this to anyone let alone an 85 year old woman is an understatment.

Offline Sider

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 14:08:13 »
That's not being a bigot, mate. That is being rightfully enraged.

I second the motion of garaging the landy for a while, plus give a call to your local police station. Even if you don't have the reg, they will at least be warned, so if anything happens and you have to use force, you'll be somehow covered.
Nico

Nobody expects.....The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Offline Colin 009

Attack Member
    • High Wycombe
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 14:24:54 »
Tell the Police, Tell Ebay, Tell your local clubs to watch out for poeple sniffing around their Landys.

Then get yours in a secure lock up for at least a week.
Cheers.
Colin,
Shiny Blue Crew 009
                   "Everbody Has to be Somewhere"

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 15:48:12 »
I should have known better in the first place I mean other than the occasional doctor in a disco how many asians do you see in landys!
But it was the whole attitude of the exchange that got on my tits and im afraid the sheer attitude of disregardence towards the wife an anything she said was just suicide on there behalf(she's worse than me when she gets going)

Offline mark.yellow.series.3

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 20:24:44 »
thats the problem with tinternet, it puts you in contact with all sorts of scum.

you did very well at being PC, but i know were your coming from.

Offline Garth

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 23:25:39 »
I may be wrong but sounds very similar to a Money/counterfit laundering scam I very nearly got sucked into (I got offered asking price cash for my old Terrano via ebay next day they turned up with £1500 less demanding deal was done but with help from neigbour they left) but the idea is they pay with dodgy cash then sell product on for real cash.
"WINNE"
1991 VOUGE SE A WITH LPG
LOOKS GOOD (BUT LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING)
"TIGGER"
1995 SUZUKI VITARA
1" LIFT
225/75X15 AT'S

Offline old joe

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 07:10:27 »
Nigel bring the motor round to me if your not happy with it being left.

hope your all ok.

Dazza

sorry wrighting this after 16 hrs at the bowl few hours sleep
Old Joe (Dazza)

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.

Remember each and everyone of us is gifted, it’s just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others

A Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with a Single Step.

http://www.4x4prejudice.org/

www.rsda.org.uk

http://muppets.go.com/games/muppets-flyinggonzo.html

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 08:35:33 »
Hay bud you should know takes a fair bit to phase us here at holt halls I was more shocked at the sheer cheek/timerity of the whole thing more than any thing.I mean this is the MEAN streets of coffee hall after all how suicidal can you be  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal