AuthorTopic: Progress....finally!  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Hovis

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Progress....finally!
« on: May 04, 2006, 09:25:38 »
The jeep is starting to take shape now. A while ago i cut the front and rear wings out above the wheels along the top of the indentation (above the plastic trim), with the intention of welding in a plate from the top of the arch itself to the outer wing. This was going to give a load more clearance. Well my mate decided on an 'easier' solution (see the pictures)! The extra clearance is massive, the picture with the wheel on is a little deceptive as there isn't a lot of weight on it, but its still loads at least 2".

Buckets are mounted and ready to bolt in as is the rear seat, bumper is nearly finished, all the gaskets on the top end have been done and the cam belt. Just needs the welding finished and a lick of paint and it's off to the MOTer. Woo Hoo!!!
My Mum lied..............it hasn't dropped off.

Offline Hovis

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 09:32:19 »
And the rest..............

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 11:38:47 »
any pics mate?
[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline Hovis

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 13:59:55 »
Quote from: "FLATPACK!"
any pics mate?

Can you not see the ones posted? There should be six there, i can see them.

If not, have a look at my gallery 'New 413' all the pictures are in there.

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 15:52:09 »
Quote from: "Hovis"
any pics mate?

Can you not see the ones posted? There should be six there, i can see them.

If not, have a look at my gallery 'New 413' all the pictures are in there.

ah sorry mate they didnt show up before but they there now looking good i must say, was it easy to weld to the wing? im half way through mine but didnt kno if it would hold?

heres mine:

[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline Hovis

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 17:24:08 »
Looking good mate. What size wheels have you got going on?

What are you going to do on the fronts? We haven't decided exactly what to do yet, couple of ideas though. Thinking either; cut the curved bit off and weld a new shaped plate in or cut slits and fold the curved bit up and weld a simple plate underneath to cover the holes.

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 17:51:08 »
Looking good mate. What size wheels have you got going on?

What are you going to do on the fronts? We haven't decided exactly what to do yet, couple of ideas though. Thinking either; cut the curved bit off and weld a new shaped plate in or cut slits and fold the curved bit up and weld a simple plate underneath to cover the holes.

i dont kno what size the wheels are, bigger than standard sj wheels! thats all i kno lol

and fronts i dont have a clue, im not keeping the blue one now cos i have another one that is in better shape with only a few holes so i will jeut get some to weld them up,

has yours got any lift on it? in see u are fitting buckets, im putting disco seats in mine cant wait

dan
[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline Hovis

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 09:09:09 »
I got this one because it was in better shape than my pickup and it was only £60!

What are you doing with the blue one? Have you got rid of it yet?

The picture of the seat in my gallery is the one going in the back, it's a half leather one from a 205 gti, it looks quite cool. The front ones are the same as the one in the pic below, just a different colour. They are really good, when I tipped the last jeep I stayed put! I reckon you could go upside down and you still wouldn't fall out!!

I haven't lifted it yet, i'm hoping that i don't have to. I reckon with the way I've done the arches there's about 1.5" to 2" more clearance. If i do it'll just be a small one, 1" or so, like i had on my 410 in the picture. Was thinking of doing a body lift as i had loads of trouble with the shackles i bought for the pickup.

There's an offroad day down here on the 4th of June so it's got to be finished by then, not to worried about the MOT but it's got to be ready.

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 13:03:26 »
kool looking good mate :D

i love the front bumper thats awesome :D

and no the blue one hasnt gone yet hopeing to sell soon but dont kno what it is worth?  :? it a runner just with out any rear arches ?

dan
[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline Hovis

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 13:51:13 »
Taa daa!!!!

All the welding is done, seats are in, bumper is done, all the lights work.

Can't believe the amount of space there is  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

I jacked up the offside wheel until the nearside one left the floor and, whilst it doesn't show it awfully well in the pictures , there is still over an inch before the wheel reaches the arch!!

I'm still going to put a small shackle lift on it, just to make doubly sure.

Have found that the nearside wheel rubs on the front caliper  :(  Didn't used to on the old one so we are going to reverse the centres of the wheels. Only thing is I don't think the arches will cover the wheels properly. Have to wait and see.

Lick of paint and a stereo and it'll be finished........at last.

Offline Hovis

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 13:51:41 »
Some more pictures.......

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 14:10:51 »
wow that looks wicked dude :)

what size wheels and tyres u got on there, i figured out what im going to do with the fronts, and that is take the wheel arches off template them up to the top of the wing cut the out, re fold it and put the wide arches back on :) that will give it atleast 2inches on the front then :)

dan
[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline Hovis

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 14:38:55 »

what size wheels and tyres u got on there, i figured out what im going to do with the fronts, and that is take the wheel arches off template them up to the top of the wing cut the out, re fold it and put the wide arches back on :) that will give it atleast 2inches on the front then :)

dan

Thanks mate.

Wheels are 235/75/15. Stand about 30" high I think, i haven't actually measured them.

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 00:05:53 »

dan

Thanks mate.

Wheels are 235/75/15. Stand about 30" high I think, i haven't actually measured them.

nice one dude :D looks sweet just what i want mine to look like cant wait to do some more :D

what color u painting it?

dan
[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Progress....finally!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 00:06:36 »

dan

Thanks mate.

nice one dude :D looks sweet just what i want mine to look like cant wait to do some more :D

what color u painting it?

dan
[size=9]Dan[/size]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal