AuthorTopic: Vit Engine earth strap  (Read 786 times)

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Vit Engine earth strap
« on: April 30, 2006, 22:06:31 »
Where in god's name is it?

1.6 Carb Vitara, Santana built.

I have flickery ligths, the odd misfire at idel and LOADs of electrical noise, I suspect the block earth is probobly bad but I cant find the strap.

It does have one doesnt it?

I already found out the headlights work backwards  :?
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
Vit Engine earth strap
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 11:17:09 »
hi rich
yeah most zooks run a possitive earth on the lighting system in sure ive said this b4 to you.
buy a new earth strap or 2 they only a couple of quid each put one from battery to body and one from chassis to engine that shud sort you

simon

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Vit Engine earth strap
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 12:04:22 »
You did, and I remebered it after about 10 mins of head scratching. Wired the relay up under thewasher bottle so was a sinch to fix with all wiring to hand.

I'll find it and fix it for today (going out to the New Forest) as its only gonna be onroad and get some nice chunkly new straps tomorrow.

Ta
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Vit Engine earth strap
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 18:22:24 »
Earth strap was fine. For future reference, it runs from bat post, weedly little wire to the chassis and biggun to the starter.

Earh clamp had come away, clamps had it so I'll put a new one on at some point this week as I have a spare.

Poor engine perfomance and bad idel was down to no 1 spark plug being full of mud, partially conductive mud by the looks :)

Audi S2 Avant 360bhp

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal