AuthorTopic: tailgate central locking 94 classic  (Read 1018 times)

Offline bobtail4x4

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
tailgate central locking 94 classic
« on: April 28, 2006, 18:22:39 »
the rear tailgate locks with the doors but would not unlock, unless you use the key, I fiddled with the solenoid, and now it wont lock at all even with the key, what is the standard set up?

the wire from the solenoid to the lock has a spring on it but on the motor side, should there be one either side?
a pic would be nice.
hello mum

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

Attack Member
not too goo a photo!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 22:16:52 »
I know this photo is no good put its the thought that counts! I changed my tail gate over and tryed to change the central locking as well..... it does'nt work! well that is to say it makes a noise and a bit of movement but doent unlock or lock the tail gate! I will have a look at it soon but I have broken my leg so will have to wait for the pain to die off a bit!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 01:27:14 »
The spring unlocks, to lock you need to check the 2 lugs pressed into the rod are still there.  Next check the plunger in the handle, if one of the two lugs have broken you've no chance.  Nect check that the hole in the plastic arm isn't too worn, it should look like the outline of the London Underground symbol. (I think, havn't been to the du.. I mean smoke in a while).
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 20:11:44 »
Right Im going to try and exsplain how it should work..... when the Range is locked or opened the soloniod operates moveing the metal arm attached to it left or right. This is attached to the white plastic lever, which you can see on the photo. if you take the handle off the tail gate you will see the white plastic lever through the hole where the push rod goes to open the tail gate. If you now look at the handle you will see there are two lugs/prongs that fit into the plastic leaver when the handle is fited. The first thing to check is that if you rotate these lugs it will lock and unlock the push butten that opens the tail gate. next make sure that the two lugs are still there as one of mine had broken off, then have a look to see if the hole in the plastic leaver looks ok and is not worn or rounded. and also make sure the solanid is working when operating.

Hope that helps a little when you take it all apart you will see how it works!

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 20:13:07 »
uhmmmm seem to have repeated what mr Range rover blues said.... oh well!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal