AuthorTopic: Carbs  (Read 789 times)

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Carbs
« on: January 27, 2006, 18:06:49 »
Reasonably new to Carb Equipped Zuki's Last two I have done major repairs on (head rebuilds) Have been North American CFI equipped engines.

Seems a lot of people are quick to whip out the stock card and bung something else it, whats the reasoning behind this?Are they really that bad? I have just got (as you'll see on other posts) a 1.6 Carb Vitara JLX and although it seems a little slow and sluggish at times the only comparison I have is a 2.5 Turbo Audi engine. She's certainly not slo9w but thats not why we got her anyway :)

So why the drive to rip the carbs off?

Hmm, that sounds painful ;)
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Vauxuki

Attack Member
Carbs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 18:12:36 »
People take them off because they tend to not work properly.
I think the vitara carbs are better, but samurai and 413 carbs are terrible, there covered in bits that make them near impossible to fix when they start playing up. And they play up more often than not.

If yours is working ok then leave it alone.
SD33 powered Disco
SJ420i in redevelopment

www.funkyjimny.co.uk

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Carbs
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 18:22:11 »
Quote from: "Vauxuki"
People take them off because they tend to not work properly.
I think the vitara carbs are better, but samurai and 413 carbs are terrible, there covered in bits that make them near impossible to fix when they start playing up. And they play up more often than not.

If yours is working ok then leave it alone.

I was intending to leave it be, just curious as its a common thread. Once I've sorted out the bits I can fix (bunged up air  filter and holes exhaust) I'll take a look at the CO etc but I think its just fine. Besides. I'll probobly have broken the engine halfway through the year anyway :)
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal