AuthorTopic: Garage In Irchester  (Read 281 times)

Offline Mac Dexx

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Garage In Irchester
« on: December 11, 2005, 21:26:29 »
Anyone used the garage in Irchester near Rushden. Need to sort the mot out for the rangie. I know people have recommended a garage in Rushden by the train station but as I live in Irchester it would be very handy to use this one.
1981 Range Rover 3.5 High Compression,SU Carbs
2" Pro-Comp Springs and Shocks
White 8 Spokes with Colway 265.75.16 MT's

1993 Imported Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5td LWB

Offline iianorthants

Attack Member
Garage In Irchester
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 21:41:37 »
I normally go by how willing they are to let you take it home to repair etc.
 I only know of people who have have cars MOT'ed and repaired there and i wouldn't at the cost  :shock:

Offline rokcrawlin

Attack Member
Garage In Irchester
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 08:59:10 »
try pytchley garage they collect the car and wont do the work until okeyed by you they are really good on the prices and andy the owner is a rangie enthusiast too and its not too far away either
everything in the path of life becomes clear when you get the wipers working .....................mmmmm then theres the washer bottle motor DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Offline spy

Attack Member
Garage In Irchester
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 13:07:36 »
Quote from: "iianorthants"
I normally go by how willing they are to let you take it home to repair etc.

They should all let you take the car away for repairs.  Thing is really, the days of full free retests are long gone.  There are only a few faults where the test is a partial test (usualy only if returned within 24 hours anyway) otherwise the garage has to to a full MOT.  As they all now buy MOT "slots" from VOSA and can only do so many tests per day they would have to lose out on charging somone for a full MOT.  Hence they are unlikely to do your retest for free.  

If every customer went in for an MOT failed, took the car home and fixed themselves and then returned for a free retest the test stations would go bust rapidly!  As far as I am aware the VOSA recommended charge for MOT on a car is £44 ish although £35 seems about the going rate around here...
110 2.5 Petrol LPG powered
Discovery 300tdi - Sold to Sooty
Discovery 200tdi  - SPY - SOLD
Series 3 - XUXY - SOLD :(

www.landyworld.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal