AuthorTopic: Puting a JVC stereo in a Range Rover soft dash  (Read 963 times)

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Puting a JVC stereo in a Range Rover soft dash
« on: October 27, 2005, 21:10:04 »
Hay there everyone Im new to this so here goes: I have a 1994 Rover Rover Voge SE, soft dash air surspension. I have taken out the tape deck that came in the rangrover and put in a JVC MP3 player. When I have done so the sub woffer and rear speakers have stoped working. On the back of the tapedeck that came out there were two sockets removed both of which fited in the back of the JVC but the second plug (the lower one) had no male conections on the back of the JVC unit just a space to plug it into. On the back of the rangrover tape deck there were two male pins that the plug sloted onto. Im asumeing that because the JVC unit does not offer any conections to this second plug there is no power going to the amp and sub woffer hencs it not working. Can someone confirm that the two pins on the back of the rangrover tapedeck (the lower plug) suply a power sorce to the amp and sub woffer? If this is the case can I just take some power from the switched live fed to the JVC unit and use a ground that is going to the unit to power the amp and sub woffer? Thanks alot anyone that can help...... I hate electrics! see you all out there!

Offline josh 109

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 16:54:53 »
my dad had the same problem with his disco the back door speaker dosent work now has youres blown any fuses yet ?
<-fully preped rrc
series 3 109 1 ton  in the midle of a full rebuild
extras :
            parabolic springs
            power plus cam
            235/85/16 muds
            lots of chequer plate
            lots more on the way!!!!

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 18:00:42 »
Having a disco too i want to replace the stereo soon.
Watching with interest
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

Attack Member
Progress so far......
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 18:46:02 »
Well............when I posted the first meesage I was going off memory I now have the Range Rove tape deck pluged in and hanging out on the wires! I got the posion of the conector wrong it acually goes into the top slot. I put the tape deck back in to see if the two pins were giving out 12v's as if they were that means I could just find another feed from somewere... thier not! so this means it must be some sort of sound signal. I will try to find out more and post it on here if and when I do. I have been told to have a look on the net for the wireing diagram of the tape deck so when I get chance I will. I'll also pop into a few local car stero places and see what they say

Thanks alot Jonny

Offline Jonny Boaterboy

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 18:47:50 »
Sorry Josh forgot to say no fues blown yet!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal