AuthorTopic: Hazard flashers  (Read 5375 times)

Offline hobbit

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hazard flashers
« on: June 24, 2005, 20:24:10 »
I'm sorting out the wiring on an A-reg 88", but the wiring diag does not include the circuitry for the hazard switch, need to trace the wiring, as in the vehicle it dissapears into the dash, never to be seen again

Anyone got the necessary info?
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline iianorthants

Attack Member
Hazard flashers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 22:47:12 »
isn't it 86 for haz ? if so don't fit as another chance to fail :)  series electrics are the most mysterious thing  :wink:

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
Hazard flashers
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 00:10:14 »
Actually thats what I've done at the moment, removed the whole unit from the plug. But I must admit it was a challenge to get the rest of the electrics back together, due to vandalism damage trying to get it going, I had to trace most of the switches back into the system, lights indicators etc. The only thing not working at the moment is the heater blower. Will have a look at that another time, concentrating on the mot work first (even the dash lights work!)

Also need new ignition switch unit, although may put it onto switches, and fit a dead switch key between the earth cable off the battery.

At least this one by the look of it dont need any welding, just got to re-hang the exhaust at the back strap. and fit a couple of side windows, that had been smashed
Kev

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline fire boy si

Attack Member
Hazard flashers
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 22:02:11 »
:D there is a additons booklet that used to be available from haynes the manuals guys for series landys but i dont know whether it is still in print and that had additional wiring diragrams in also you could try landrover museum at gaydon they might have a copy that you can copy

we have hazards fited to a series 3 station wagon (factory fited ) it is well complicated i helped my dad do the rewire and rebuild steeer well clear is the best advice i have personly began to do my own s3 and wish i hadn't
series land rovers dont leak they just mark their terratory

1972 s3 2/14 diesel hard top
235/85 R16 chaco mud terrains
para springs
Mill services sill bars
and currently off road (sorn)
still to come

spare wheel carrier
south down snorkel

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
Hazard flashers
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 00:08:42 »
Thats what I've done, gave up unplugged the unit and buried the wiring in the body of the dash.
I think the prob was there was supposed to be another relay but where it was suppose to hook up to, must be in the dash somewhere. I could at a push fit my own version of 4 ways,which would be a cable connecting the left and right feed wires on the indicator circuit with a switch in between, not quite factory standard, but I wonder with a heavier indicator relay, there is no reason it wouldn't work.

Did it once on another vehicle that did not have them, just bridged the wires in the boot to tow it away
Kev

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal