Vehicle & Technical > Series Land Rovers

SIII FFR

(1/3) > >>

jaa:
I've just become the proud owner of a 74 SIII 109" FFR and i think it's great ,i'm under no illusions of what they are like cos i've driven thousands of miles in em when i used to wear the green suit . I love driving around in it  :D  but SWMBO doesn't  :wink:

Paul:
Don't forget to apply the 'Cam Cream'   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

hobbit:
I agree, they are a wagon to play with, especially ex-mil my gs is the same, the smell was the same from then inside, it never changes

That ffr still got the radio tray etc fitted?

kev

jaa:
i wish it still did have but u can't have everything , so now i'm on the lookout for radio gear etc . don't know what radios it would have had in , cos when i was in we had clansman and i think this is before then , unless anyone else knows differently

hobbit:
Yes, they would have been the big Larkspur radios, C42 & C45 were the usual units with the big psu's alongside them with the big multi connector plug cable between them, depending on which corps were using the vehicles, with the big atu's on the wings, there was a table like a bench across behind the bulkhead in the rear.

With the 2 or 4 12v 100Ah batteries fitted in angle iron brackets in the floor, big heavy [!Expletive Deleted!] they were. They were wired up to 24v, and connected to a box at the back which is wired to the massive alternator under the lid.

I'll see if I can find some pics I used to have with this stuff in.

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version