Vehicle & Technical > Freelander

Freelander TD4 fuel burning heater

(1/2) > >>

Wes©:
Converted a TD4 pre-heater into a proper fuel burning heater today, with remote control. Was very easy and quick. and doesn´t take long to get nice and warm

Andy.:
Hmm..... interesting and you sound pleased with the results  :D

Ollie:
Wes, What exactly did you do? I thought you couldn't get this as an add on? Cost?

Cheers.
Ollie.

gordon123:
I have just moded the heater on my TD4 , home made and cost about £30 I used a programmable thermostat from screwfix that I added a resistor to  make it think it was 15deg hotter than it was ! this programs the heater to come on for 15min min at below 5 every AM weekdays as programme timed,   also have a press switch connected to rear screen timed relay (adjusted to 15 min ) so I can one shot the heater any time.
I have made the fan heater work at slow speed to get the heat out of the heater to de frost without going to the car in the AM

I was toying with a remote for £30 from Maplins or CPC but cant see the need at the moment

Gordon

THE-KERNEL:

--- Quote from: "gordon123" ---I have just moded the heater on my TD4 , home made and cost about £30 I used a programmable thermostat from screwfix that I added a resistor to  make it think it was 15deg hotter than it was ! this programs the heater to come on for 15min min at below 5 every AM weekdays as programme timed,   also have a press switch connected to rear screen timed relay (adjusted to 15 min ) so I can one shot the heater any time.I have made the fan heater work at slow speed to get the heat out of the heater to de frost without going to the car in the AM
I was toying with a remote for £30 from Maplins or CPC but cant see the need at the momentGordon
--- End quote ---

I also have the TD4 with the pre heater and would like to do what you have done, any chance of the fine details by PM or list them as I know others who are interested but cant get any details,. thanks in anticipation, John.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version