AuthorTopic: FOR SALE: 1983 88" Land Rover Series 3 Station Wagon  (Read 20577 times)

Offline El Hair

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Ash Vale, Surrey
  • Referrals: 0
FOR SALE: 1983 88" Land Rover Series 3 Station Wagon
« on: March 30, 2019, 20:21:45 »
It is with great regret that I am putting up my 2.25L Series 3 ("Odie") for sale as I neither have the space, nor the time to devote to it.

I have made a number of modifications to Odie since first buying him. Headlamps have been upgraded from the original sealed beams, to halogens. Timing was redone a while back as it was way off. Front and rear differential guards have been fitted, as well as a steering guard. Breathers are fitted to both axles. A T-Max split-charge system has been added with the secondary battery (a leisure battery) behind the passenger seat. The alternator was upgraded to cope with the additional charge. Door mirrors upgraded to Defender equivalents.

The cylinder head was upgraded many years ago (before my ownership), so unleaded petrol can be used with any further additives. A Kenlowe fan is fitted, but not connected up - it does work however. As you would expect on a vehicle now 36 years old, the original pain is a little tired. Overall the chassis is in very good condition with a small amount of welding work carried out (see pictures). The side and rear window seals need replacing, but new seals are included. Gearbox includes a Fairey Overdrive. Two spare Wolf wheels (7.50 R16) in addition to the ones in each corner.

MOT expires: May 2019
Mileage: 91677

Extensive service and parts history.

The sale also includes (but not limited to) a number of different items:
Refurbished Rover Gearbox (Unused and empty of oil)
Britpart Doortops (two)
20L Ex-Military Jerry Can
Spare brake peddle
Brake pads
Numerous gaskets, filters and other spare parts
Roof Rack
Halogen light bar
10,000 lb Kingone winch KDS-10.0

Note: Roof box is not included in the sale.

Asking price: £6000

Images can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/20l3zwdzgr9t7it/AAAO0kaEQ6V56XbZzCnjILLGa?dl=0.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Was: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7L V8
Now: 1983 Land Rover Series III 88" 2.25L

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal