AuthorTopic: Land Rover discovery bobtail, lockers, winches, cage, 35's etc  (Read 3859 times)

Offline TDi.Si

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Land Rover Discovery 200tdi bobtail, this truck has been my green lane and off road toy for a few years. In this time it's undergone a lot of modifications to get it to the stage it is at now. It's been a lot of fun and is an awesome bit of kit off road. Ive spent thousands on it on both mods and servicing. That axles have been replaced using Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series, which come with electronic locking DIFFS as standard. They are also very strong and lower geared than Land Rover axles which is ideal for the 35" tyres. I have modified the axle cases with Land Rover brackets in order to bolt them to standard Land Rover fittings.
Toyota landcruiser axles with front & rear electric locking diffs
Interco TSL thornbird 35x14.5 tyres on 10x15 modular wheels
6inch suspension lift with Gwyn Lewis competion suspension kit with rough country shocks
Heavy duty steering damper
Custom front and rear bumpers with warn 8274 front winch & lowline rear
Full external rollcage
200tdi engine & manual box
Head gasket replaced
Pump & boost tweaked
Clutch replaced & Rakeway release bearing
Reinforced clutch arm
Stripped out carpets & drain plugs in floor for washing & waterproof front seat covers
Rear mounted internal fuel tank

Obviously this is not a mint truck! It needs a few bits tidying, hand brake needs adjusting or possibly stripping and cleaning, or upgrading to an x brake! Electric windows are slow but do work, drivers front window doesn't go all the way down as the side impact bar inside the door is bent, needs straightening or cutting out. Central locking only works using the alarm fob.
Doesn't drive like a hot hatch on the road but is ok upto around 50 mph! Currently has no mot but has been used fairly regularly since being off the road.
Few scratches/dents on various panels as it's been used properly! Is very capable off road, extremely flexy suspention combined with front & rear lockers and big tyres means it goes almost anywhere!
Will not swap, need a straight sale. To many other projects & a house forces sale!

The arches are very good, they have been modified for clearance so any welding needed was done then. The sills are one piece as rock sliders (box section) so all good too. The floors are good, any welding was done whilst building the truck, the boot floor edges were welded up and an aluminium Range Rover floor was fitted.
There is a radio in it, nothing fancy but it does have aux in and usb inputs. Also fitted is a CB radio, but it doesn't work as I done have an aerial for it. As you can see in the pics the dash centre has been cut out to make space for the switches for winches, diff locks etc.

Any questions please ask, I want the truck to go as a whole. £3700 Zero77 911 five five 712 located near Stroud, Gloucestershire.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 17:20:00 by TDi.Si »
Disco 200TDi. Some mods!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal