Vehicle & Technical > Range Rover

ABS kicking back, RRC

(1/3) > >>

muddyman:
I have a 92 RRC and the abs is kicking in at slow speed, when the abs is kicking the brakes go rock hard, I have reset all the air gaps, bleed the system and it is still doing it.. I have done the Blink test at no faults are showing.. I should of said that this does not happen all the time, when it does not the brakes are as good as gold. Could it be the ABS ECU? hope not  :undecided:

muddyman:
any one :sad:

Range Rover Blues:
Hi there, that definitely sounds like an ABS issue, odd that you get no error codes though.

Check your front wheel bearings, it could be the gap only opens up under braking and the sensors are fine when driving normally.

Have you tried tapping the sensors back down? be gentle with them!

Otherwise swapping the ECU could be one thing to test.

Do you get any sensation as to which wheel is no braking properly?

muddyman:
I have checked the front wheel bearings and they are fine, I have changed the swivel housing on the off side as  I did find the swivel bearing had broken up, I have tapped the sensors back, and still it is doing it.... If I had a problem on a rear wheel exciter ring would or could that do the kick back?...  As to what wheel I am getting no sensation as to what wheel it is as all the feeling is on the brake pedal..... I will look at getting a abs ecu. thank you for getting back to me RRB.

Range Rover Blues:
I've been thinking about this on and off.  It is still possible that the ECU is fine and it thinks it's doing it's job ok, nut one of your sensors is just a little too far out or one of the hubs is moving slightly.  Sadly it's hard to detect without the self-diagnostic.

When the pedal kisks back do you get a traction control or ABS light at all to show it's working?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version