AuthorTopic: Discovery 300 - fully kitted, winch, lift, snorkel etc  (Read 1401 times)

Offline LiftedDisco

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Discovery 300 - fully kitted, winch, lift, snorkel etc
« on: March 18, 2014, 21:03:21 »
Having been messed around by a chap from e-Bay, I thought that I would offer this on here in the hope that it might appeal to someone.... In addition to the e-bay messer, a conversation with another chap who came to look at it highlighted that it is a well sorted truck (too modified for his needs though!), so I hope that it would be just right for someone out there...

I have an urge to do something daft... I quite hanker after building a Tornado (as shown in a recent issue of LRO) which will, inevitably, be a long hard slog and I am almost round to thinking that I will strip this as I know the chassis and drivetrain are all good and I could make a fair old wedge of money if I stripped and sold things like winch bumpers, tank guard etc etc...

I think that would be a crying shame, but let's get on with the sale...

Now available at £2,200... (or offers somewhere close to this...)

Discovery 1, 300Tdi - seemingly mega-miles at around 216k but 8k has been in the last 5 years of my ownership. I have some history, all recent MOTs (all passed at first time of presentation) and it would appear to have had a minor top-end overhaul at around 187k miles.

Runs well, starts well and any bits that have needed to be done have been attended to as they have been required.

MOT to 9th Jan 2015 - it is currently taxed (to the end of May) and this could be available if we agree the right price! The car itself is in generally good condition - I don't go in for ragging it around play sites and have used this generally for lanes in the Peaks, Wales, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and down on Salisbury Plain.

In addition to the standard vehicle, it comes with a host of off-road kit - I am including this in the sale (rather than stripping it) as I am likely to use a D2 chassis for the new project and none of the bits are likely to carry over - my loss, someone's significant gain!

Currently fitted:

2" lift with Terrafirma shocks (rear) and Pro-Comps on the front

Front winch bumper, heavy duty

Safari snorkel with air-box adapted to suit and sealed (including the drain hole)

A-Bar and 2 x spot lights, wired into main beam via a dedicated relay

Winch - 2 x wireless remotes plus cable remote, Allbright solenoid under the bonnet (rather than being exposed on the winch)

Plasma rope

Rear heavy duty bumper

Steering guard

Diff guards x 2 - front and rear

Tank guard

Removable tow hitch and recovery point - towing electrics re-located into rear pillar to be out of harms way

Light bar and four spots - switched as 2 x pairs via relays

ES style alloys x 5

Insa Turbo mud tyres x 4

Non-directional mud as spare (never on road)

CB Radio

Waterproof seat covers

Boot storage system - drawer on sliders

Dog guard with gun rack (for strops etc!)

Roof rack

Immobiliser spider fitted

Side exit exhaust with D44 finishing trim

Chequer plate rear door card with drop down shelf for stove / tea making

Rock sliders with tree bars

Silicone hoses

EGR Valve removed, straight through (Defender) down pipe so no issues with flexi-hose etc

The boot floor was done before I bought it and I have replaced the sills with box section and have replaced inner wings as required so have tried to keep well on top of any rust as it arises.

Recent power steering box

I have run a quick value on the off-road bits listed above and reckon that anyone wanting to pick this lot up at Newbury would be looking at the thick end of £1,400 just for the bits!!

I have collected various bits over time on a 'just in case' basis so the sale would include a spare N/S front wing and a rear (boot) door in the correct colour.

The car has an immobiliser fitted which isolates all ignition systems - this will be detailed to the purchaser!

I am keen to sell but not looking for silly offers - if you are interested, call or text me on 07786 916673, come and have a look, let's chat about money over a cup of tea...

Thanks

PS... PM me with an e-mail addy and I can send photos
Discovery 300 Tdi - 2" lift, side exit exhaust, HD bumpers, T-Maxx 9500, removable tow hitch, snorkel and 235/85's

Discovery 4 Commercial - very standard but very nice!

Freelander 2 TD4 - Fun Prevention Officer's

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal