Chat & Social > The Bar - General Chat

Cyclists

<< < (2/3) > >>

Frankie-Boy:
I can understand cyclists riding defensively but why is it that cycle tracks are provided on some roads for the cyclists safety but they appear to be too arrogant to use them?

Baffles me.

Range Rover Blues:
I enjoy cycling, but as said some of them really think they are always in the right and get everyone else a bad name.

I'd like to see them carry insurance but I don't think it will happen.

There's no excuse for criminal damage though, which is what he has done to your car!

Bush Tucker Man:

--- Quote from: Frankie-Boy on February 28, 2015, 23:31:30 ---I can understand cyclists riding defensively but why is it that cycle tracks are provided on some roads for the cyclists safety but they appear to be too arrogant to use them?

Baffles me.

--- End quote ---
Frank

That's (around here, anyway) they're badly surfaced, parked on - so they're a chicane, all of the road detritus (glass, stones, etc...) end up in them, whereas they'd go straight to the very gutter, if no cycle-lane

--- Quote from: Range Rover Blues on March 02, 2015, 00:31:38 ---I enjoy cycling, but as said some of them really think they are always in the right and get everyone else a bad name.

I'd like to see them carry insurance but I don't think it will happen.

--- End quote ---

3rd Party insurance is available through the 2 main governing bodies; British Cycling & CTC

I have BC membership, for the insurance, & have had for a LOT of years
They'll also help the cyclist to claim, if he/she is subject of a knock-down/injured

KevinStorr:
Same here card carrying BC member.

When I lived in Brighton you often felt like you risked your life every time you went out on a bike.

As I've said it works both ways.  Bad cycling annoys me just as much as bad driving.

Range Rover Blues:
Bad cycling gets everyone a bad name, like bad drivers and bad off-roaders.

You tend not to notice the good ones :rolleyes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version