Vehicle & Technical > Defender

Vinyl Wrapping a Defender in Matt Black

<< < (2/4) > >>

ellebarto:
When I tried to add it up I got it to £330 of vinyl but the guys spent a weekend on it what with dismantling the amount of kit I had on it. I guess it depends on how much you want the finish. Matt black paint is a nightmare on a posh road car. It would be pointless on a laning Landy. I've got high hopes this will be protective and tough but time will tell I guess!

andrew2986:
I've been thinking about having my disco done with wrap. It needs a respray in any case. I'm just concerned about how well it would hold up to scratching etc.
I do fancy having a matt black disco though !!!!!

lambert:
If you want it tough why not linex it? That is available in black and is not prone to being vulnerable to much short of heavy direct impact. Just a thought.

ellebarto:
Its the temporary nature of the stuff that appeals top me. I don't have to register a colour change with the DVLA. With a heat gun and a nights work it goes back to silver but to be honest, I'm just enjoying owning a stealth 110 for now!

I'm sure it looks better than it performs but I'll report back when it's had a few hard laning trips!

CharlesTeton:

--- Quote from: ellebarto on August 20, 2013, 08:32:39 ---Its the temporary nature of the stuff that appeals top me. I don't have to register a colour change with the DVLA. With a heat gun and a nights work it goes back to silver but to be honest, I'm just enjoying owning a stealth 110 for now!

I'm sure it looks better than it performs but I'll report back when it's had a few hard laning trips!

--- End quote ---

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version