Vehicle & Technical > Defender

Vinyl Wrapping a Defender in Matt Black

(1/4) > >>

ellebarto:
A fellow laner had mentioned to me that he had seen Vinyl wrapped wings on a few laning Land Rovers. Theory is it should protect your paint form the worst of the brambles, especially if you’re driving something a bit newer.

My Landy is going to be part of a display at a festival event soon so when someone suggested they wrap my Defender 110 I thought I’d give it a go so the old girl was looking her best.

Turned out great and I love the look of it. Jury is out as to whether it will protect it or she’ll shed her skin like a big black snake on the first thorny bush!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iaKGnIoFSSE

lambert:
Sweet. Like that a lot.

Hightower:
Like that a lot.  Have been thinking about doing my Disco as its also looking a bit tired.  Can I please be cheeky and ask what sort of money that costs?

ellebarto:
I honestly dont know. They new the car was going to a local show so they suggested it as a promo thing I guess.

I lot depends on how much extra [!Expletive Deleted!] you have bolted onto your car they they have to take off. If you do all the prep yourself it's probably a lot cheaper. I think its not far shy of a grand though

Range Rover Blues:
Hell's teeth!  I like that finished truck a lot, but not a grand's worth.

Of course these days a new coat of paint is far more than that.

I bet there is no more than £100 in material there though, might be another skill I have to learn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version