AuthorTopic: FS: 1995 V8i ES Auto LPG  (Read 872 times)

Offline SteveGoodz

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
FS: 1995 V8i ES Auto LPG
« on: March 03, 2013, 20:36:05 »
Okay I've made the decision it's time to move on. I no longer have the time or inclination to give this motor the TLC it deserves. I've owned this Discovery for the past four years and initially used it both as a daily drive and for green laning but it's been more than a year since it last got its wheels dirty and for most of that year it was parked on the drive unused. Having started to drive it again regularly has, of course, highlighted the need for some routine maintenance that should have been done previously, but wasn't. So this is what I've got:

1995 Japanese spec Discovery with 3.9 v8 and automatic transmission and an LPG conversion (inspection documents available). There is about 180k km - yes km not miles - on the clock and a sweet running motor that feels like it's done a lot less than that. At the last MOT (July 1012) it failed due to tin-worm disease in the inner wings and rear wheel arches, which has all been rectified and it is now sound - we even did bits that the tester hadn't mentioned. Obviously, the paintwork isn't pristine and is liberally covered in scratches due to the green laning I've done in it but there aren't any dents or dings.

Here are the details:
3.9 V8i - runs really sweetly but is a bit lumpy on petrol as the ignition timing is optimised for LPG running
Automatic transmission - works as it should do BUT there is a slight rattle/knock that may (or may not) be coming from the auto box or transfer box
Transfer box - high/low and diff lock work properly BUT see note above
Dual zone aircon - separate aircon system for front and back of the vehicle. Needs re-charging.
Cruise control - was working but went on strike sometime during its parked on the drive period.
Electric windows - all working properly.
Electric front seats - working properly
Electric mirrors - working properly
Auto-dimming rear view mirror - broken. The liquid crystal has leaked out so doesn't auto-dim anymore.
7 Leather seats - in good condition
Driver and passenger air bags - working (as far as I know)
Headlamp levelling - manual control works perfectly
Sound system - standard radio has been replaced with 3rd party CD unit. 6 stack CD player is still present under the driver's seat.
Carpets & trim - in good condition. A full set of genuine LR rubber mats are included.
Tow hook - 50mm ball hook fitted with both electricals sockets installed but not cabled up.
Steering guard and diff guard fitted.
Brand new exhaust from front box all the way back - 3 weeks ago.
Alloys fitted with good road tyres with 8mm tread depth.
Twin electric sunroofs - rear one sealed up as it started leaking during parked up period which caused some of the roof lining to sag (this can be sorted using wall paper paste)
LR roof bars

Also included in the sale are:
2 x Thule roof bars
Half length roof rack - not genuine LR but good and sturdy
New viscous fan hub
New valley gasket
A-frame
5 x Discovery steel wheels - 4 fitted with Colway MT tyres (8mm tread depth), 1 without tyre fitted
Airflow meter - good working order

Okay, well I think that covers everything but if you have any questions then I'm happy to answer them.

Here's a link to some pictures: http://tinyurl.com/anzhgmt

I think, all in all, it's worth £750 but am prepared to haggle  :grin:

Interested? Give me a call on 07896 782285 or email disco39v8@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 13:56:18 by SteveGoodz »
Regards

Steve G
"Paddy" a 1996 3.9 V8 ES Auto Discovery
A re-imported Japanese model running on LPG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal