Vehicle & Technical > Range Rover

Noise/vibration

<< < (2/4) > >>

MuddyMike:
Could be the tyres, some suffer with what the trade calls "blocking" when the blocks of tread wear unevenly.Try stoking the tyre with your hand, can you feel uneven tread blocks. Only real test is swapping wheels.

Could also be front end of rear prop. Try removing it and going for a drive, remember to engage dif lock or you won't go anywhere!

Mike

tack43:
Thanks. Tyres are ok. still need to check prop while removed.
" Engage diff lock" - Haven't got one it's a BW transfer box.

James.Harwood:
Won't be the chain, they make a very harsh knocking noise when knackered, most obvious under hard acceleration.

tack43:
Seems like the A frame bushes are shot. Have been noticing a bit of wobble on the back. Haven't been able to check properly as I'm using my axle stands on the rebuild. No doubt the A frame ball joint could do with renewing too! There's no play but the self leveler is pushing on the joint. Wonder if this could be causing the vibration as the diff nose looks lower than it should be and could be impacting on the rear prop. Another job for the New Year!

Range Rover Blues:
COuld be a prop UJ, also check the handbrake isn't binding, though I thnk it unlikely it's an easy fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version