Vehicle & Technical > Range Rover

Noise/vibration

<< < (3/4) > >>

tack43:
Changed the bushes but unable to get ball joint/self leveler off. May need to cut a hole in the floor to get at the top bolts. The leveler BJ's are shot - bottom is completely seized and top has loads of play.
Had a bit of death wobble - found play in track rod BJ and drop arm BJ. Changed but it's getting worse to the point I don't want to drive it and haven't got time to get under it - I'm at uni and have lots of achedemic s**t to do - will have to use the car for a bit. Will update when I can.

Range Rover Blues:
I have a big problem with death wobble too.  I only get it on ABS cars so I think it's something to do with the top bush, unlike a non-ABS car you can't adjust the wear out of the bush pin.

As a quick "fix" you can set the front end toe-out a bit and fit stiff dampers.  Make sure all ball joints are good and nip up the steering box.

Also check the steering damper, ours is so bad it broke the steering damper bottom bracket.

Also check radius arm and panhard rod bushes.

tack43:
Well seem to have got to the bottom of the vibration but don't understand why! It seemed to start when I fitted HD front springs. I've gone back to standard springs and the vibration has gone.  :azn: Steering damper was shot so replaced and no more death wobble.  :azn: Still got the A frame ball joint and leveler to sort out and that can only improve things even more.   :cheesy:

Range Rover Blues:
Good news!

Has fitting the old springs changed the ride height AT ALL?  if they are the only things you swapped then it suggests a propshaft UJ still.

Also, could the springs have had any effect on the death wobble?  I'm asking because I still haven't cured ours.

tack43:
Ride height has been reduced by about 1/2" - only noticeable on measuring. Prop is fine I took it of my other RRC which has a 2" lift and no vibration. Still need to adjust N/S swivel preload as it's a bit loose but the shot SD was not helping!
Got a new problem now. The brakes were fine when I parked it up in Feb but now it feels like it's got a warped disc - feed back on braking. It's got ABS and I changed the rear calipers in Jan - I used a pressure bleeder but wondering if air is in the system. I can't see a disc warping it's self sat on the drive!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version