AuthorTopic: 1973 Series 3 LWB 2.25 Diesel, FWH + OD  (Read 990 times)

Offline Devon-Rover

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Tavistock
  • Referrals: 0
1973 Series 3 LWB 2.25 Diesel, FWH + OD
« on: April 10, 2012, 21:10:01 »
Sadly for sale as i do not have the room and my fleet is big enough and i'm not allowed to own anymore.  traurig1

What it is on offer is a very solid for it's age 1973 LWB series 3 Diesel. The Landy has been laid up since 04 and sat in a chaps garage. He was a very particular chap and it was maintained to a degree regardless. It has had a new bottom end in the very late 90's after the previous diesel went pop. This vehicle has traveled and has got a few dents that do tell a story but it is honest and hasn't been abused. It is in DBG with a limestone roof and sides. The tyres are a Genuine set of SAG's and a goodyear Xtra grip as the spare they are about 1/2 worn on the back and just over 1/2 on the front. There particulars is...

*A Good 2.25 diesel that doesn't knock or rattle and starts easily. (Due to either a sticky ring or maybe a leaky stem oil seal there is a puff of blue smoke on startup but this does clear quickly once running)
* The gearbox and transfer box are quiet (Can't be heard above the engine) and all gears engage well and doesn't jump out on overun or power. The previous owner told me he changed the oils every few years.
* There is a Fairy Overdrive that will be included in the sale again quiet in operation so all good.
*There is AVM free wheeling hubs which work fine.
* Small amount of play in the rear UJ (The only MOT advisory) but doesn't affect the drive.
* I have put new clutch master and slave cylinders on. The master was leaking when i got it and so it was replaced and the slave is done as a matter of course.
* New ignition switch at great expense due to it being vague.
* The front seats have seen better days but that is a matter of opinion and doesn't affect the overall impression.
* The body is a good condition and does have the odd dent but it is nothing major and adds a great patina to it. The paint is good but a good close look does show that it has been brush painted at some point.
* New hinges of the drivers door.
* The chassis is Very solid and will give many years of service. the Previous owner has Undersealed it in the past and could do with being done again to keep it topped up, It had a new rear cross-member just before it was laid up, and bar a few patches it is in very good health. (I would of done it if i was keeping it).
* The bulkhead is solid in all areas, no rust in the pillars or at the tops or footwells. (Even the mudsheilds are all complete)
* It has 12 months MOT (Passed Today) No Tax, Currently on SORN.

Any other questions just ask. It'll be sad to see it go as it really has character and it is one of those classic land rovers that is in good nick but has a patina and needs a good home for retirement.

As a special to all on the forum give me 2.250 ONO and it will be yours and will provide many years worth of enjoyment.

The Pictures are HERE
Rowan.

"Jemima" 2.25 Petrol SWB, ACR rear Silencer, 235/85 Macho's, MAP Capstan & HD Bumper, Tweeked suspension, CB, Light Bar.
"Baker" 2.6 Petrol LWB (former Tow Truck)
"Lizi" 4.2 V8i Discovery, Gone but not forgotten.
"Kate" 1985 Ninety 4.2 V8 Auto, Stainless exhaust, Ashcroft Tunnel, Mud console, Polmar Venus CB, HD Steering bars, Terrafirma Steering damper, D44 Winch Bumper, Superwinch EP9.5, Superwinch Wireless controls, QT Diff Guards. 'More toys to come'

Vorsprung Duch Ducktape. My website Searle Safari Info source.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal