AuthorTopic: vitara jx  (Read 3008 times)

Offline kpautos

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
vitara jx
« on: April 03, 2012, 13:55:26 »
hi all, new to this forum and asking questions straight away!! i have a customer with a s reg vitara JX and the problem is as follows....
where the front cv shaft fits through the outer hub there are needle roller bearings that support the shaft at that point, these bearings and seals are rusty and worn resulting in play in the shaft-hope that makes sense! my local suzuki dealer has id these bearings as "bushings" and from [his] memory thinks they are plastic not metal needle roller bearings like we have fitted to the vehicle, my question is this.. does it sound like this vehicle has the front end/dif ect from another type and if so what would that be?
i have tried to post the pic that he sent me from his screen and its parts 31,32 and 33 [31 being the bush/bearing] but i need the alternative needle roller part 36,35, 32 and 33
he only lists the bushings and not the bearings, as if they have been suprseded perhaps?
any help would be great, thanks, kirk.

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
Re: vitara jx
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 15:53:05 »
in all honesty you'd be better off gettin a hub off a scrapper be cheaper in the long run,

Simon

Offline kpautos

Attack Member
Re: vitara jx
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 17:01:52 »
well there's cheap and there's right!!, all joking aside the reason we want this right is due to the use the customer puts it through, extreme laning in wales and places like sailsbury plain, without these bearings and seals in perfect condition it lets water into the bearing/hub from behind, i dont really fancy my chances with a s/h unit-probably just as worn as the existing ones. thanks for the reply anyway, kirk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal