AuthorTopic: So what did YOU do today?  (Read 74626 times)

Offline Pablo011

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Chester
  • Referrals: 0
Re: So what did YOU do today?
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2012, 09:26:16 »
Well Thursday 21/06/2012 I went to Northwhich to look at a Disco, liked what I saw and Made an offer which was accepted, they said it will be fully Mot'd and 6 months taxed for me and should be ready by Sat (today) but still as yet and I know its only 09.15 am as I type this, not heard anything so later today I hope to hear from them to go and pick up my new toy, oh and SWMBO wants me to take our youngest daughter to her Uni in Bangor as she is moving digs, so will be back later hopefully with the good news that my Disco has come home ready to go.............!!oh and the youngest has her stuff moved to her new digs in Bangor !!!!

Paul

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2012, 09:41:02 »
Today we get to find out if the last 10 months has been profitable or not as our sheeps get listed for sale on the internet. Hope springs eternal.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:50:20 by lambert »
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline Discoanywhere

Attack Member
    • My own little world
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2012, 17:57:00 »
I cleared out the shed of all the junk that was stopping us from storing the bikes.

Unfortunately I also cut in half a wooden bedframe that my missus says she told me she wanted to keep as it's part of a set still in use.

Now trying to escape from the doghouse  :sad:

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2012, 19:55:14 »
carve her a love spoon from the remains
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Mutz

Attack Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk.
    • Norwich
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2012, 09:16:42 »
Well yesterday i spent the whole day cleaning the rust off my tow bar, & painting it and it still looks like poo!!!!
1995 300tdi 90 rebuilt and on the road (but still a project)
1992 Pajero SWB 2.5 Auto (failed its MOT and for sale if you want it)

"I Havn't got a Bad Attitude; you just can't handle my personality"

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2012, 11:31:25 »
Yesterday I went looking for plywood, wowsers its dear stuff. Today I think we are off to fountains abbey to walk the dog.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2012, 12:57:43 »
Went to a ham radio rally in Frome .......*shudder*

Can't believe the crap people trying to sell for good money. One stall looked like it selling all the same type of end of life computer gear we would put in a recycling waste stream in work as we wouldn't dare put it for sale as re-use.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2012, 13:03:03 »
Today we get to find out if the last 10 months has been profitable or not as our sheeps get listed for sale on the internet. Hope springs eternal.

well? the suspense is killing us

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2012, 15:16:45 »

For sale on the net! :shocked: whats wrong with your local cattle market/or Sheep fair?? cant give them a poke and grope on line ,
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2012, 15:40:04 »
I was possibly being too optimistic thinking they would go the same day they were listed we are having to wait and see. As to why not to market? Well one its a lot of work and two if they go through in tens you run a risk of the richer buyers taking the cream and therefore reducing the average price, oh and only those people at that sale will see them whereas on the net it is a wider catch of buyers. All that said this is the first time we have tried this so it may fall on its face, we need to see how good our seller is.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2012, 18:05:13 »
how much does a sheep normally sell for?

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2012, 19:08:02 »
Hay guys, been a little busy recently, hence the no show. so a little catch up...

Today... I list some stuff I did the other day

Main Headlines;
(Thursday morning) I quit my dull job as a sandwich artist.
(Thursday evening) While looking for work experience in a garage locally, I got offered a work trial at VolksFarmers
(Friday/Saturday) Worked at VolksFarmers and thoroughly enjoyed myself, (despite no mobile signal)
(Saturday evening) Entertained my friends for a mates 30th and was dressed up as Mario & Luigi characters

And I'm totally thrilled with doing something I enjoy, working on cars, and I've never been happier.

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2012, 20:21:28 »
how much does a sheep normally sell for?

Our average last year was 129 quid with a top pen price of 178 quid each on ten.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2012, 00:16:01 »
Hay guys, been a little busy recently, hence the no show. so a little catch up...

Main Headlines;
(Thursday evening) While looking for work experience in a garage locally, I got offered a work trial at VolksFarmers
(Friday/Saturday) Worked at VolksFarmers and thoroughly enjoyed myself, (despite no mobile signal)
(Saturday evening) Entertained my friends for a mates 30th and was dressed up as Mario & Luigi characters

And I'm totally thrilled with doing something I enjoy, working on cars, and I've never been happier.

Power to your arm M8  its great doing a job you love ! you have to work all your life so might as well be something you love doing,its not a nice feeling being in a job that you hate in fact its a sentence :undecided: :sad:good on yer, :grin:

Offline Landy1uk

Attack Member
  • Who Said I can't go there?????
    • Near the next village in Hertfordshire
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:07 »
Saturday Cut grass and Hedge and in the evening was in front garden with the neighbour and a couple of mates Listening to the red hot chillie pepers at the concert just up the road from me

sunday bit of shopping the chilled for the rest of day
spotted a tricked 90 green with white roof at asdas in stevenage that had got the mud club splash stickers all over the back

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2012, 00:33:34 »
Power to your arm M8  its great doing a job you love ! you have to work all your life so might as well be something you love doing,its not a nice feeling being in a job that you hate in fact its a sentence :undecided: :sad:good on yer, :grin:

Thanks man

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2012, 05:04:41 »

Main Headlines;

You'll be leaving us for the beetle boys then are you? Seriously though good luck and I hope you can make the best of it!.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2012, 20:46:59 »
Today, depressingly I discovered that my favorite band of musical poets have split up boo hiss. Last bleeding summer double boo hiss! No more beautiful soul poetry. Boo and indeed hiss!
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2012, 22:10:08 »
You'll be leaving us for the beetle boys then are you? Seriously though good luck and I hope you can make the best of it!.

Pah! No!
I'll merely be expanding my horizons. Anyone got some spare flat engines about I can "rebuild"/learn?
I think I need to read up on my VeeDubs. Fortunately I can just about tell apart a type 1 from a type 4, and a Type 2 T3 from a Type 3 and I know a bit about the history thanks to college theory. And I always fancied a Rat Rod T1 Van :]

But I dont think it'll ever replace my <3 for land rovers. Speaking of which, I might have gained a free galvanised chassis from another friend today :]

Oh and today I...
Handed in the final assignments for college. and for my 42 required credits, I've handed in 49 credits worth (hurrah) and added some extra credit crap in the form of PSD (Personal Social Development) a.k.a. I can now get a job because I wrote a C.V. and and can use a debit card and cash. Sigh.

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2012, 05:12:10 »

Pah! No!
I'll merely be expanding my horizons. Anyone got some spare flat engines about I can "rebuild"/learn?
I think I need to read up on my VeeDubs. Fortunately I can just about tell apart a type 1 from a type 4, and a Type 2 T3 from a Type 3 and I know a bit about the history thanks to college theory. And I always fancied a Rat Rod T1 Van :]

But I dont think it'll ever replace my <3 for land rovers. Speaking of which, I might have gained a free galvanised chassis from another friend today :]

Oh and today I...
Handed in the final assignments for college. and for my 42 required credits, I've handed in 49 credits worth (hurrah) and added some extra credit crap in the form of PSD (Personal Social Development) a.k.a. I can now get a job because I wrote a C.V. and and can use a debit card and cash. Sigh.

I used to be fairly into vdubs even had a few but I was more into modded mk2 polo's and mk1 golf gti's that said a split screen drop side pickup would be cool especially with a Porsche 2.7 in the back..

Hope you get the grades you need. Good luck.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2012, 21:24:21 »
Today daddy and I had a free and frank discussion regarding the various merits of pickup trucks with covered backs. Basically my point was why have a pickup just to fix a back on it anr ruin the practicality of it being open why not put a van body on it and be done or leave it open and stop with one or the other rather than a bodge compromise that is a royal pita.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2012, 20:00:48 »
Today I have partial been dealing with irrational idiot consumer who is using distant selling regulations as a crowbar whom get on their hobby horse over a 9 quid purchase where they are at fault but write epic complaint emails which must take them several hours to compile where I just skim over them, count to 10 and make a gritted teeth reply telling them the error of their ways... sit back and wait for next novel to be written on how I am wrong.

(punctuation omitted intentionally)

Why am I given the job of dealing with with returns issues? I'm a orrible git and got plenty of other things to do.  It might be that my bosses think I am good at spotting the people who are trying to rip us off fraudulent -  but to me that comes easy as I just treat every complaining customer as if they are trying to skank me personally  :evil:

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2012, 20:34:35 »
28/06/12 

Today i have mostly been selling my Rangie dse it sold itself to be honest nice truck shame about the constant computer probs,
the buyer reckons he has the kit to put it right but so did the garage who looked after it for me  and the lecky probs just kept coming back, had a test drive in a Merc ML270 this afternoon nice drive but no charisma doesnt have that something the Rangie has, in the morning its the turn of a Disco TD5 04 with 56k on the clock i owner hope its as good as the seller says.

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2012, 20:46:52 »
Today I was forced against my better judgment to re engineer my fixed pickup lid with the intent of it becoming more quick release. What a tragedy that was. Before it was 4 nuts and a heavy lift, off in ten min now it its a swear fest and a damaged hand 4 R clips 4 tube nuts and a very heavy lift and takes half an hour of laying on my back in the dark.

Oi old man I'm a qualified engineer you do what your skills lend you to and I'll do mine but don't tell me how to do what you can't.

And breathe.

I need a holiday. On my own. With my tools and my landy.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2012, 21:13:10 »
big english breakfast to start

load up car with dogs and mrs to go for walk in the cotswold water park.

On the way some scumbag walk straight out of a pub across the road in front of the car in front causing it to emergency stop. The car beeped horn and scumbag turned around and came back at the car jeering and offering driver out. Then continued mouthing off at the two slappers outside the pub he originally must of been having a barnie with. Came back across the road to confront the pub slappers right in front of my car....

I saw much surprise on his face from my rear view mirror after he had stopped spinning around and landing on his ass after being clipped by my wing mirror  :rolleyes:     

Did some geocaching in the water park.

Came home and found email from boss along the lines of - 'have anger customer asking why we sent her a large widget when she bought a small blooper'
Something like that usually means I have messed up in a big way. But this time I knew we don't even sell a large widget but we do sell plenty of other stuff inside recycled large widget boxes. Phoned customer up using my own dime.... stupid cow hadn't even opened the  box... there inside is her item.  :rolleyes:

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2012, 05:02:29 »

Not yer normal Sunday day out in the countryside then  :shocked:, As for myself i was sat in a hide all afternoon with my Spaniels didnt get a shot all afternoon then after i had packed up and was driving away i saw the reason why there was a chappie flying his big ol eagle owl and a Harris hawke about 300 yards away :rolleyes: :rolleyes:oh well had a nice quiet dog nap along with the Springers, :laugh:

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2012, 05:41:42 »
Came home and found emailfrom boss along the lines of - 'have anger customerasking whywesent her a large widget when she bought a small blooper' Something like that usually means I have messed up in a big way. But this time I knew we don't even sell a large widget but we do sell plenty of other stuff inside recycled large widget boxes. Phoned customer up using my own dime.... stupid cow hadn't even opened the box... there inside is her item.

Priceless.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2012, 21:01:54 »
Today was quite a good day. Daddy and I got on quite well for what seems like the first time in 6 months, we re configured one of the storage rooms it was almost calm all day. Then to top it off he has agreed to consider the idea of a tomcat lid for the 90 which if it comes to owt will be very cool.
Lambert Coverdale.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2012, 21:40:39 »
Then to top it off he has agreed to consider the idea of a tomcat lid for the 90 which if it comes to owt will be very cool.

maybe he knows they are like hens teeth

Offline lambert

Attack Member
    • harrogate
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2012, 05:55:51 »
At 300quid from tomcat they are quite dear for something that needs tailoring but if its the best solution then so be it.
Lambert Coverdale.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal