Vehicle & Technical > Series Land Rovers

It lives !

<< < (2/17) > >>

NiteMare:
that's quite a tidy looking truck  :smiley:

Saffy:
Its looks more of shed at moment though  :grin:

brixworth-alan:
It will look great- Mine's still in bits!

Saffy:
Well I have borrowed some plastic teas crates from work and cleared out all the parts of dead landrovers from the inside. The suspension must have the risen about 2 inch once void of the weight :D This alone took most of the morning.

Removed the late wiper motor and mechanism and repaired and fitted one of those single wiper motors to the drive side. The screen can flip down now. Hadn't thought about it or noticed before but the later landies had the wiper set into the bulkhead where as the s1's were set into the windscreen frame. Having a s3 setup on a the s1 screen meant it could not be flipped down.

Removed the oi bath and fitted the filter I used to have on there.

There's defo an electrical problem that I have yet to get to. Seem like there a dead short or no alternator output once when the engine is first running .... flip on the headlamps/wipers/horn/indicators will stall the engine. But a few revs and all is well.  I can't expect much as Battery is ill, starter motor is seized and the solenoid is toast and there was a new alternator sitting in a box in the tub.

Didn't get to tinker much as I had to shoot of to Devon in the afternoon to collect some wheels and tyres.

Saffy:
Well, didn't have to touch the starter motor, solenoid or alternator... troubles where due to the battery only. Replaced that with a good one and it starts on the button.
Bled the clutch through but pedal still hits the deck, so will looks like master and slave will need a overhaul/replacement. I have a new spare master and I bet in my spar box  I have a repair kit for the slave  :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eggszRYqsd4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version