Vehicle & Technical > Not Anything Listed Above....

Flushing diesel out of fuel system

<< < (2/2)

V8MoneyPit:
Thanks guys.

--- Quote from: Saffy on August 18, 2011, 20:17:10 ---and your moving to a desert where there are no puddles ?  :grin:

--- End quote ---

Electronic ignition, decent quality components. Never had a problem with bonnet deep water. On the rare occasions it's started misfiring, it still pulls you though to dry land. Then a quick dry out of the cap and away you go again. It's yet another thing that many people think is an issue. But it's only an issue when the unit is badly maintained.

In any case, these days, I tend to avoid deep water anyway. It's nothing but trouble. Unless it's clean river water, it kills starter motors, alternators, water pumps, etc with the silt floating around.

Saffy:

--- Quote from: V8MoneyPit on August 19, 2011, 11:00:32 ---Thanks guys.

--- Quote from: Saffy on August 18, 2011, 20:17:10 ---and your moving to a desert where there are no puddles ?  :grin:

--- End quote ---

Electronic ignition, decent quality components. Never had a problem with bonnet deep water. On the rare occasions it's started misfiring, it still pulls you though to dry land. Then a quick dry out of the cap and away you go again.

--- End quote ---

A Steve Gunning dizzy is good piece of kit for the v8, if you're  not familiar it's a modified sealed distributor that's fitted with the all important breather hose porting... not the rubber glove/rubber carrot nonsense. He's even got snorkels on his v8 and goes places I wouldn't dare.

dxmedia:
All this fuss over fuel!!

I run the mog on dirty fuel from the garage (when people put diesel in petrols and vica versa), but smokey but runs fine on the stuff. 

lot of fuss about nothing  :evil:

BUT, yeah, empty the tank as best you can, run the fuel pump for a few seconds without the injectors or carb connected till what comes through smells like petrol and you'll  be good to go.

Saffy:
2.25 landy petrol lump pretty much the same in its tolerance to run on any ol crap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version