Vehicle & Technical > Suzuki

Jimny Clutch

(1/2) > >>

SurreyZuke:
Hi All

Well the clutch in my '00 Jimny is now starting to slip even more than I can ignore ('specially as a guy from work said the clutch on his Vit was the same for ages then just went).

I've had a quick dekko on the 'net and decided that it would take me more than the weekend to sort it.

The question I have is weather anyone has any sort of realistic quote for getting it sorted.

I got one about 2 years ago of about 400 quid but that was from an expensice garage.

Cheers

SurreyZuke:
I have now got a new quote from a decent garage that i trust.

440 odd quid plus vat (

generation-x:

--- Quote from: SurreyZuke on July 15, 2011, 20:39:53 ---I have now got a new quote from a decent garage that i trust.

440 odd quid plus vat (
--- End quote ---

SurreyZuke:
I didn't ask how much labour time was involved, but i know it would be longer than a rear wheel drive car, which was the last one i did.

I only found one post on t'internet showing how to do it and it looked intensive and fiddly, hence a long time to do.

I'm getting another quote off a friend of a friend who operates a one-man band type idea. he's been quite good on price for the other bits i know he's done.

Heres hoping...

generation-x:
no offence but a jimny is rear wheel drive m8y
its an relitive easy job tbh

1 school of thought is remove the engine and fit the clutch that way couple of hrs work
2nd school of thought is take the intermediate prop and pull the gearbox back to the t-case and change the clutch that way
again couple of hrs work

you will get more info on bigjimny website martin will be able to help you more than me
they are good lads on their

HTH
Simon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version