Vehicle & Technical > Mitsubishi

bought a pajero an its got no power

<< < (3/3)

JIMBOBLY:
1 of 2 things i reckon,either split turbo pipe,or if its still got egr valve on,its probly jammed,just a thought,hope it help

Jas278:
Blank the EGR off ......... :cool:

mickharv2003:
Also try the fuel filter.Had a very similar problem last year on a 2.8 Shogun,Was on my way to Nottingham from Birmingham,and as i travelled i noticed more and more a loss of power and a reluctancy to rev over 2000 revs.Got the RAC out as i thought turbo or something.They recovered me home,and i had a look see myself.Opened the drain plug on filter and nothing came out.Strange i thought.Took off filter and undid large plastic nut at bottom.Filter was full of a hair like substance.Replaced filter with a new one,Ran as sweet as a nut after

4fingers:
Did you get any fault codes on this issue?

Mitsi engines are not prone to loosing power, especially when warm but  these are some reasons for this fault to occur.

Worn seals in fuel pump. Not the front seal but internal veins become weak. Works great from cold but once engine heats up and the heat transfers to the diesel pump the veins loose their solid state and flex causing loss of pressure to injectors. This in turn can cause black smoke as the fuel air ratio is wrong when combusted.

EGR Valve stuck or sticking open allowing constant exhausts gasses to travel back into inlet manifold thus choking the engine. This is sometimes shown by engine getting hot very quick and running above normal operating temps.

Blocked fuel filter. But this is normally a constant loss of power from cold not just when warm.

Also, check rubber fuel line to filter and to the pump. If these are old, they can swell with the heat from the engine causing the internal diameter of the pipe to shrink which reduces fuel flow starving the pump of fuel.

I would be very suprised if the oil pressure switch is at fault even if it is leaking oil.
I had a huge oil leak from the oil pressure switch as the washer had perished but it never gave any running issues, just leaked oil everywhere as it is under pressure.

Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version