AuthorTopic: light bar  (Read 3222 times)

Offline eugene

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
light bar
« on: November 13, 2010, 14:20:33 »
hi my wife has a freelander and we have put a light bar on it any one know how to get the wires from the bar to the inside rather than brill a hole in the roof i run the cd cable down the side of the windscreen but the other side wont take two cables witch is what will be running down and advice people im get nagged by SWNBO because it aint done  :D
sj410 wifes offroader
1992 gold 5 door disco winch and bumper spots rooflights .2inch lift. khuno kl 71 265.75.16.rebel steering guard. snorkel
 freelander wifes car
www.norfolk4x4response.org.uk  www.brecklandlrc.co.uk/

Offline mattaitch

Attack Member
Re: light bar
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 18:16:36 »
Hi! I've thought of doin the same thing and didn't want the cables showing. I know it's an arduous task, but is there room to feed the cable through the same hole as the aerial ? I admit this means making a modification to the aerial foot (I just made that word up!) to it would sit over the lighting cable but at least you wouldn't have to drill into the roof. It's then just a question of removing the head lining and feeding the cable across and down the inside of the A pillar trim.

Offline eugene

Attack Member
Re: light bar
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 20:06:16 »
il have a look at the week end and see if it doable il take some pics and post. but then thinking if you have a two way plug adaptor from cb ariel you can use that for radio to then you could runn them straight threw were the areil was and add a bit of silicone to seal il post when ive look thanks
eugene
sj410 wifes offroader
1992 gold 5 door disco winch and bumper spots rooflights .2inch lift. khuno kl 71 265.75.16.rebel steering guard. snorkel
 freelander wifes car
www.norfolk4x4response.org.uk  www.brecklandlrc.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal