Vehicle & Technical > Isuzu / Frontera

2.3TD Problems

(1/2) > >>

mudcop:
Hi, have got a 2.3td 1994 lwb, driving down the motorway last night, engine cut out, and brake warning light came on, I just pulled over using gears and needing Arnie Swarteneager to stop. Started engine runs fine, brakes however have warning light on, fluid level ok, but need to be in the gym to operate them. Got the car home, brakes still the same, but warning light goes on and off, heater starts working then cuts out and comes back again, checked for leaks can't find any, anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated before some mechanic tells me I need the car replaced, love the car but need some great advice, thanks to anyone for ideas. :sad:

dxmedia:
Vaccum pump on the back of the alternator?  Try taking it off and turning around the rubber veins inside.

Also check that a vaccum hose hasn't come off anywhere.

mudcop:
Thanks never knew about that will have a look and ley you know thanks so much

mudcop:
Hi Had a look could not find anything wrong, no pipes off and no leaks? so still depressed by not having brakes, thanks again

dxmedia:
Probably the pump itself is knackered. Tryi taking it apart and turning the veins around. The will have worn U shaped inside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version