gords:

--- Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man" ---1. Because I gave you very little notice
2. You'd have got sick of me diving across roads to take photographs
3. You'd have come in handy to change my tyre :lol:
4. it would have been 'your shout' at the Wharfe View Cafe

--- End quote ---

All outweighed by being up there, rather than in work, I would say :wink:

muky-kid.:
:shock: Hi Richard. After reading your first post were you saw signs up saying No Offroad Driveing. I checked on the G.L.A.S.S Wayfinder site to see if a comment has been made, unfortunatley there has not been anymade. So ive left a comment about the signs, date sighted etc.  :D

:evil: These signs are illegal, unless the council have downgraded the lane recently but i cant see that. Were the signs handmade or are they council property.

Bush Tucker Man:

--- Quote from: "muky-kid." ---
 These signs are illegal, unless the council have downgraded the lane recently but i cant see that. Were the signs handmade or are they council property.
--- End quote ---

The could have been Council produced, but I think part of the Moor is privately owned & they were on the grassland.
I presume they're just a 'gentle reminder'?

The road itself is 100% legal, as I wrote, I contacted Bradford Council ROW.

Besides I suppose the arguement (if I'd been stopped by militant ramblers) that I was on a proper road, and if they weren't happy, contact the ROW office & the Police using my registration to find me.

No, the 2 walkers  I saw waved & smiled. They probably were the sensible (happy to share) ones

muky-kid.:
Hi, if the signs are on Private land then they are legal to an extent. Like you say just warning signs by land owners which is fair if they have had problem users recently.
Pictures look great though, good veiws from the top.  :D

Bush Tucker Man:

--- Quote from: "muky-kid." ---
Pictures look great though, good veiws from the top.  :D
--- End quote ---

Indeed there are, it's only about 390metres above sea level, but the highest point around there :D
Pity it was misty down in the valley, still I'd forgotten to take my binoculars.
It gives me an excuse to go back soon :lol:, so do I tell Andy next time???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version