AuthorTopic: Twisted performance chip, wiring loom, and rust in the bores wanted a few bits  (Read 2235 times)

Offline kizz81

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
help  :lol:
i have my eyes on a 3.9 thats sat in the corner of a workshop its complete except the heads havnt been fitted fora few years since a full rebuild,
there is surface rust in the bores, what do i have to do to clean this :huh:

how much pressure should the electril fuel pump produce, do they ever loose pressure or do they just die,

rumor has it there is a twisted performance chip in there some where, how good are these :huh:

how easy is it to replace all the engine loom [ some pirate has hacked all of mine out, the big thick wad of wires that go through the left top side of the drivers footwell is gone  :shock:] also need the pipe work that goes to the hairy sausage at the front, rear brake disks, a lid for water reservoir, kickdown cable

the rangy does have a full tank of fuel though  :lol:

i need two propshafts aswell as an exhuast, also need the pipe work that goes to the hairy sausage at the front, rear brake disks, a lid for water reservoir, kickdown cable
Ever dreamed about travelling to the land of the midnight sun? visit our website for more info!
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

Offline Lucy1978

Attack Member
I'll have a disco axle coming up soonish (minus diff) that has fairly new discs and calipers on it.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Rememebr to ask me in the pub Kizz, but for now

the bores as a minimum needs glaze busting if not re-honing.  This will loosen the fit but might be possible within tolerance.  Discuss with whoever does the work (it can be done in the car).
Fuel pump IIRC 30 odd PSi, if you wind it up too high it becomes counter-productive because of how the disk-valved injectors Lucas chose to use work.

Twisted performance, should be ok they are a big company (possible a Mark Adams or john Eals chip anyway)

The engine loom on a hard-dash is a stand-alone loom so you can unplug it and re-fit a new one.  Try to get the later one with lambdas wired in.

Kick down cable is fiddly to fit even with the gearbox out of the car, good luck with that!

Rear disks are cheap as hell, buy new

the gearbox pipes, you can if you need use rubber pipe or join the metal pipe with rubber pipe, it runs at low pressure (1 bar or less) but if you have a tuned engine then you need the oil to wtaer cooler on the LGH end as well as the hairy sausage.

Not sure if  I have any propshafts left, you had some already.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline kizz81

Attack Member
cheers andy,
only got one of those propshafts left, wilsons driveshafts chooped two of them up to make strange lenthed ones

cheers chris, i may take you up on that, i need to pay of depbts to both of you first though  :lol:
Ever dreamed about travelling to the land of the midnight sun? visit our website for more info!
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
I thought you were paying me back in blood and sweat ;)
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline kizz81

Attack Member
 ;)  :lol:
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal