AuthorTopic: P38 airbag suspension lift?  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Brett69

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
P38 airbag suspension lift?
« on: August 24, 2010, 14:35:39 »
Ok I have done a 3" body lift to my Range Rover P38 but am not looking to do a suspension lift but keep the airbags working. I know this has been done before and there is guy on youtube that has an awesome truck with this done, I am trying to get more info on this conversion. Can anybody help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks Brett
Have 4wd Need MUD!!!

P38 Range Rover
Power chipped
Bull Bars
Roof Rails
CB Rig
3" Body Lift
32" Goodyear MTR's
Modified Bumpers & exhaust system

Need Snorkel an winch bumpers

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: P38 airbag suspension lift?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 00:40:32 »
Yes.

1) you can space out the airbags and bump stops, drop the shocks bu the same amount and have the EAS re-callibrated with Rovacom to take acount of the lift.

2) fit Arnott GIII airbags and have a standard car that will droop and extra 2-3", fit longer shocks and have high prifile re-callibrated to make use of the extra travel.

Try rover-renovations in the states, very helpfull.

This is my LSE on GIII and they do air springs for the P38, DII etc too.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline M6GKX

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 21:09:13 »
There is a company called RSW Solutions. They have written software that can interact with the air suspension on RRs. Classics with EAS and the P38s, and probably onwards.

There are instructions for creating your own cables or you can buy them made up online.

I'm helping a friend with his P38 suspension at the moment but I'm very new to this stuff, however I've got a RRC with EAS to play with for a week to hopefully help me out.

If you're in the area of Coventry then perhaps we could meet up one evening? I've got the cable, software and laptop but so far have only tried it on one vehicle...

Offline Brett69

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 11:15:20 »
That sounds great, I'm from coventry only recently moved out. Still in cov most weeks as my parents live there. I currently have fitted coil springs while I save up for uprated air springs. my front bags decided to give up so was stuck on bumpstops. Must admit it's not the same vehicle without the air springs, can't wait to get it back on air
Have 4wd Need MUD!!!

P38 Range Rover
Power chipped
Bull Bars
Roof Rails
CB Rig
3" Body Lift
32" Goodyear MTR's
Modified Bumpers & exhaust system

Need Snorkel an winch bumpers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal