AuthorTopic: help needed please  (Read 1667 times)

Offline greendisco123

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
help needed please
« on: August 23, 2010, 20:43:03 »
hi there folkes can anyone help i am breaking a 300 tdi es disco and was wandering what parts if any will fit a defender i have brought (90)defender 200 tdi engine (defender engine not disco) such as turbo,water pump,alternater etc ect any help would be appreciated thanks ps if anyone wants some disco bits then its all for sale unless i can used it and need it thanks again.
300 tdi STANDARD AT THE MO

diesel_jim

Re: help needed please
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 21:38:16 »
Not a lot of the 300 is the same as a 200. although i belive the starters are interchangeable,and you could make the alternator fit if needed.

The exhaust manifold and turbo i think can also be made to fit, although there would be no advantage.  FIP also would fit too i think.

you could use the axles off of the disco on your 90. that would give you disc braked rear axle (straight swap over) and the suspension componets are the same too (radius arms, panhard rod, A frame, trailling arms) springs are also the same physical size, although diffeent ratings.

PAS box also will fit across.

you can also make the disco sets fit too, nice and comfy. disco (manual) sunroof with the round windy knob is the same as a defender type too.

Offline fuzzy

Attack Member
  • my lovely s3 military, Percy
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 21:40:39 »
there is no difference between the defender and disco 300 tdi engines, so the engine will fit no problem,
1980 s111 109 ex military 12v gs soft top- waiting to have life breathed back into it.
1990 110 2.5td, waiting for crew cab conversion, mud tyres, suspension and 2"lift.

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 13:42:44 »
there is no difference between the defender and disco 300 tdi engines, so the engine will fit no problem,

Apart from the engine mounts, bell housing and sommat else i cant remember!

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline fuzzy

Attack Member
  • my lovely s3 military, Percy
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 18:34:33 »

But things like turbo locations etc are identical, if anyone on here needs to be told that the engine mounts are different wants shooting! the differences in the bellhousing are negligible and will fit anyway if you use some brainpower! Theres always someone who tries to make things sound a lot more difficult than they are. I have just fitted a 300tdi out of a disco to my 110 that used to be a N/A diesel keeping the lt77 box, it took two days to get it finished including changing the axle, gearbox and transfer box oil, converting it to td5 dash, side exit large bore exhaust system that i built from scratch using only a 300 tdi disco downpipe and power steering. It was fairly simple to do mainly requiring a bit of common sense.
1980 s111 109 ex military 12v gs soft top- waiting to have life breathed back into it.
1990 110 2.5td, waiting for crew cab conversion, mud tyres, suspension and 2"lift.

Offline mudplugger01

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 19:24:58 »
hi i think he said he breaking a 300 tdi discovery   and has bought a 200 tdi defender ...hope this helps
110 sw 1984 ,200 tdi ,5 speed,bio diesel crewcab fedima tyres,8274 ,nearly sorted lol..just need .............

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • say no to orange extreme bits !!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 22:29:32 »

But things like turbo locations etc are identical, if anyone on here needs to be told that the engine mounts are different wants shooting! the differences in the bellhousing are negligible and will fit anyway if you use some brainpower! Theres always someone who tries to make things sound a lot more difficult than they are. I have just fitted a 300tdi out of a disco to my 110 that used to be a N/A diesel keeping the lt77 box, it took two days to get it finished including changing the axle, gearbox and transfer box oil, converting it to td5 dash, side exit large bore exhaust system that i built from scratch using only a 300 tdi disco downpipe and power steering. It was fairly simple to do mainly requiring a bit of common sense.

yawn,
a 16 year old could do that  :roll: he was simply stating the facts.

Dan Thomas,                  Matt Price
Team Relentless " No half measures "
Bobtailed Auto Td5 90 comp truck........... Got more tricks than a magician !!

http://www.Devon 4x4.co.uk >> for all your truck needs and more !!
http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • say no to orange extreme bits !!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 22:34:58 »
to answer your question,
starter motor will wit
so will the alternator with abit of magic
intercooler will
injector pump will aslong as its from a man gearbox ( if it has the black immo module on the back it will smash off to reveal a normal stop solenoid )
injectors can be used aswel
lift pump will fit

the turbo is different but will fit and a good upgrade on the 200's IMO
vacume pump is different aswel
dan
Dan Thomas,                  Matt Price
Team Relentless " No half measures "
Bobtailed Auto Td5 90 comp truck........... Got more tricks than a magician !!

http://www.Devon 4x4.co.uk >> for all your truck needs and more !!
http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal