AuthorTopic: RRC project has arrived  (Read 4231 times)

Offline generation-x

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
  • Referrals: 0
RRC project has arrived
« on: July 29, 2010, 21:52:11 »
right finaly got the RRC in my unit to start to mess with
1st look around i new it needed front brake lines the flexy ones to the calipers only i cant see where there sposed to connect too?
also on  back axle the A frame has wot looks like a lower ball joint wots sposed to be connected to ?

as mentioned before it needs a throttle cable for the 3.5 even thou it had a 3.9 engine but now running carbs and the 3.9 cablewas fl wont open the carbs
to full...
battery was flat so its on charge tonight then i can see if i can get it running tomoz see wot the engines like

im still slighty confused about the autobox oil cooler if anyone has pix of the cooler and where it connects to the box that wud be ace

thanx simon

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
Re: RRC project has arrived
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 21:00:12 »
noone to help :shocked:

Offline MuddyMike

Attack Member
    • Leyburn, N. Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 21:44:07 »
The front callipers have solid lines leading to a bracket on top of the swivel housing, the flexy hoses go from there.

The rear A frame ball-joint connects to a bracket on the top of the dif housing.
Can't help with the oil cooler I am afraid.

Mike
If you can't get there in a Land Rover you can't get there

Self built Range Rover/Lightweight hybrid (yes the one with yellow wheels)

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 21:49:17 »
The front callipers have solid lines leading to a bracket on top of the swivel housing, the flexy hoses go from there.

The rear A frame ball-joint connects to a bracket on the top of the dif housing.
Can't help with the oil cooler I am afraid.

Mike

many thanx mike but were do the flexy brake lines go to :-k

A frame is bolted to the diff as shud be but there seems to be another bolt under it sitting infront of the diff??

Simon

Offline Rossko

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 22:23:38 »
>  many thanx mike but were do the flexy brake lines go to :-k

To a bracket on the inner wing where they join the solid pipes.  If it is/was ABS there'll be two. Time to get a manual with pictures?

> A frame is bolted to the diff as shud be but there seems to be another bolt under it sitting infront of the diff??

The self-levelling Boge strut has been removed I expect.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 22:33:42 by Rossko »
GLASS

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 22:39:47 »
>  many thanx mike but were do the flexy brake lines go to :-k

To a bracket on the inner wing where they join the solid pipes.  If it is/was ABS there'll be two. Time to get a manual with pictures?

inner wings ermmmmmm it dont have any so looks like im going hunting lol

thanx rossko
will go poking about next week see wot i can find

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 00:58:26 »
Brake flexi, front.  On a non-ABS car like your you should have 2 flexis (all RRC had twin circuit to the front end) and from the top of the swivel these route to a bracket on the bottom edge of the inner wing just ahead of the shock turret, just above you will see an oval hole you can get 2 fingers through.

On the P/S the pipes run up under the coil to the outer edge of the inner wing then run back to the bulkhead.  On the D/S they run outside of the shock turret and one incorporates the T piece to the pressure reducer, mounted low on the inner wing behind the shock and then to the rear axle (single pipe without ABS).

On a 3.5 I think you may only have ther hairy sausage oil cooler but I can't swear to it.  A solid 'Bog Brush; behind the grille, connected by flexis to 2 rigid pipes that run along the sump flange whre they are supported by 2 brackets.

Rear A frame would have had the Boge self-leveller, it limits droop travel and once it stop working is juts added weight.  They used to work as a thrid shocker plus load-assist device.  If it's gone you need a longer rear flexi.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 08:36:13 »
Brake flexi, front.  On a non-ABS car like your you should have 2 flexis (all RRC had twin circuit to the front end) and from the top of the swivel these route to a bracket on the bottom edge of the inner wing just ahead of the shock turret, just above you will see an oval hole you can get 2 fingers through.

On the P/S the pipes run up under the coil to the outer edge of the inner wing then run back to the bulkhead.  On the D/S they run outside of the shock turret and one incorporates the T piece to the pressure reducer, mounted low on the inner wing behind the shock and then to the rear axle (single pipe without ABS).

On a 3.5 I think you may only have ther hairy sausage oil cooler but I can't swear to it.  A solid 'Bog Brush; behind the grille, connected by flexis to 2 rigid pipes that run along the sump flange whre they are supported by 2 brackets.

Rear A frame would have had the Boge self-leveller, it limits droop travel and once it stop working is juts added weight.  They used to work as a thrid shocker plus load-assist device.  If it's gone you need a longer rear flexi.

many thanx RRB
only issuse is the inner arches have been replaced so i have no idea wot im looking for
there are as we no 2 flexi pipes from the front axle (per side) do these just go to a T peice or is there something special needed?

oil cooler i beleive its a 3.9 set up so im assuming its got a little square one d/s of the main radiator?? is this it?

when you say about a longer rear flexi im assuming you mean brake line?

also while i think about it it needs rear spring clamps can i get these new say from caddocks/paddocks?

Simon

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 14:56:47 »
Ah, then look for ahole to the front of the shock tower, if it's not there you need to make it.  A manual would be the best bet because it sounds like you need to make up the brackets too.

The RRC had split circuit brakes from 1970, the front callipers have both primary and secondary circuits in each one, the top pairof pistons is one and the bottom the other, then the back brakes are T's into one of the circuits.  If you loose braking on one of the circuits you still get braking at the front making it very safe.

This means however 2 pipes from the Master cylinder to each front wheel, one of the front RHS pipes gets T'd for the back brake pipe, via a pressure reducer/deceleration valve that MUST be fitted at the correct angle.  Again, you need a manual.

3.5 oil coolers were optional, on a 3.9 the driver's end of the main water radiator serves as oil cooler and the passengers end then became the secondary auto transmissionoil cooler.  If you engine oil cooler is on it's own then it's the optional type or retro fit.

Yes, without the self lebveller you need to reposition or extend the brake flexi hose.

Spring clamps, E-Bay, paddocks are not the kings of cheap anymore so shop around.
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 19:12:58 »
RRB this is were it get worse (or better) its had the shock towers replaced with terafima units so thats that plan gone lol :-k

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 01:17:42 »
They look like they are shorter than standard too.  The brackets you need were welded to the inner wing but would have been on the bottom edge of the inner wing level with the spring bracket.

You are going to have to make something to suite.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal