AuthorTopic: Northern Europe trip  (Read 2812 times)

Offline jjsaul

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Leeds, West Yorks
  • Referrals: 0
Northern Europe trip
« on: July 01, 2010, 15:25:25 »
Apologies for it being so late...and not in a Land Rover!

I went on a road trip to Helsinki at Easter, via France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia...and on the way back Sweden and Denmark.
LPG was to be found pretty much everywhere, except they don't sell it in Finland, and it's scarce in Sweden/Denmark. Having said that we did 3500 miles round trip and I only did about 150miles on petrol!

Full credit to ADAC in Germany when I had a split brake hose, 4pm on a Sunday afternoon a few miles down the Autobahn from Dusseldorf and they turned up in about 35 mins.

Oh and to those who were flying at the time...cars and ferries aren't stopped by ash clouds  :twisted:

It was just a quick post to say if anyone is driving to any of those places and has any questions, feel free to ask :-)   (james@landrover-v8.co.uk)

I did create a blog for the first chunk of it here...   http://europeeaster2010.blogspot.com/   we never quite got round to writing up the rest of it but i'm hoping to create a proper website at some point with a full write up on it.

James

...lovin dirty days out...

1983 OneTen V8 Station Wagon 3.5 (LPG)
1972 Range Rover V8
1992 Range Rover 4.6 (LPG)
1978 Range Rover Carmichael Commando 6x4
1972 Range Rover - Major project, FOR SALE
1976 Range Rover - Less of a project, FOR SALE
Previously: Range Rovers 1988, 1990 and others...
2005 Volvo V70 T5 SE (LPG) - daily driver

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal