Vehicle & Technical > Freelander

gearbox/clutch problem...

(1/2) > >>

pippy0:
Here's one for you, got an L-series freebie... The warmer the environment/car is, the harder it becomes to change gear... When it cools down, it gets easier again?? It's been known to get stuck in reverse a few times recently which i've been told is probably the clutch master/slave cylinders..
However,  nobody can relate this to temperature?!?

V8MoneyPit:
Have you bled fresh fluid through the clutch hydraulics? If there is moisture/air in there, it can cause these symptoms. If you are lucky, it is as simple as that.

pippy0:
isnt it all a sealed unit on these? somebody told me it was?? if not, how do i go about bleeding it?

V8MoneyPit:

--- Quote from: pippy0 on June 23, 2010, 20:25:09 ---isnt it all a sealed unit on these? somebody told me it was?? if not, how do i go about bleeding it?

--- End quote ---

I'd be surprised. Brake fluid needs changing every so often. We have an auto, so I can't look at ours!

craig_midz:
on the early freelanders u can bleed the clutch slave cylinder but on the td4s they are a sealed unit but u are still able to bleed it id check ya gearbox oil as well if theres none in there that will make it diffcult to select gears

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version