Vehicle & Technical > Not Anything Listed Above....

Ford Ranger vs. other double cabs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Range Rover Blues:
My mate has one, he's had it a few years now and used to tow RRC to meet their maker quite regularly.

He gets mid 30 MPG, it';s tweekeed with an intercooler but was one of the last built with mechanical pump so can't be chipped.

All in a nice truck, I'd be tempted.

Whatmot:
Steve, Jim brought on back in the summer to pull all of his toys around (rather than the Toe-rag), he brought his because Tony said they were good lol, might be worth asking him next time you see him; at least you will get an honest opinion!!

thediscodude:
my friend has one, i spend enough time in it, i would say yes good truck as he's had no problems :)

V8MoneyPit:
Well, we looked at and drove a few double cabs yesterday.

A 56 Ranger, 07 L200 and a couple of Navaras. Then looked around a few others at other dealers. The Ranger is no longer an option! Sarah just instantly didn't like driving it. So, it's down to the L200, Navara or, possibly, a HiLux which we haven't tried yet. 90% sure she wants an auto.

We'd be looking at a latish model (2007 or 2008) based on budget. We are currently leaning towards an L200, preferably high spec (leather, air con, etc). Oh, and she'd prefer black or silver  :roll:

Any thoughts/comments would be gratefully received.

300TDi Disco:
Just a piece of info on the nissan navara, between VSKCVND40U0218002 to VSKCVND40U0276585 they were rated 1/2 a star on the ncap safety rating be aware.
The ford ranger 2008 was classed as a 2 star. A 2007 freelander was rated 5 stars.
The L200 was rated 4 stars. Don't drive anything less than 3 stars or expect to get hurt in an accident.

Hope this helps.

http://www.euroncap.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version