Vehicle & Technical > Not Anything Listed Above....

Ford Ranger vs. other double cabs

(1/3) > >>

V8MoneyPit:
Anyone got any experience of these? SWMBO has taken a fancy to a double cab  :roll:

jollyroger:
Mate of mine had one, only every got to use it in the snow we had as it was primary a work truck for his tools. Handled pretty well he tells me, although fuel mpg were pretty poor, even when just set to 2wd. hence he sold it.

andycwb:
Well I towed one home on Sunday.  Broke down less than a mile from my house and wouldn't restart, and it turned out they lived on my way home!

Nice chunky recovery hook -  Sorry I can't offer a more constructive opinion.

V8MoneyPit:
I think I can persuade her to keep the Freelander and run it into the ground now it's not worth much as a part exchange. The problem is getting little 'un in and out of the back because it's a 3 door. So I can understand her theory. Double cab, rear seats and rear doors, plus huge 'boot' to lug all her junk around!

If she decides to look into it further, I think I'll look at the alternatives though. We wouldn't want anything too big and the Ranger seems a little smaller than many of the others like it (Navarra, L200, etc).

aaron:
Hi Steve, I had a 52 plate ranger double cab and it was a brilliant truck. I used mine for work, green laneing and the odd bit of towing and couldn't fault it in all honesty! It has a much better rear door and pillar arrangement than the navara, not sure about the l200. Only thing i would say is that it was a bit heavy on juice, but no worse than the l200 i had from work for a short while, or the hi lux i owned previously. In two years of building site, green lane and muddy field driving ownership, other than servicing, all i had to do was replace an exhaust bracket! Aaron.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version