AuthorTopic: What d'ya think then............  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Disco-Ron

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
What d'ya think then............
« on: May 10, 2010, 20:45:41 »
I couldn;t buy a winch mount that etm with what i wanted, so i made one............. i'm happy now!
I got exactly what i wanted for less than £50......... inc powder coating the snorkel aswell!!

gone from 200tdi.... to 300tdi... still with loads done to it, in fact, even more than the last truck...LOL!!!

Offline discoarden

Attack Member
Re: What d'ya think then............
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 20:49:40 »
very nice tidy job that im thinking about one for my disco
99 (t) disco 2  td5

Offline disco 1 tdi

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 21:04:02 »
very nice, and subtle

Offline mass199

Attack Member
    • Wye Valley
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 21:10:57 »
Looks good :afro:
Herefordshire LRC

Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. All been smashed in MX crashes.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 22:46:59 »
Low profile even. Hey have you introduced  this new defender of yours before ? can't remember.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Disco-Ron

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 23:09:13 »
Saffy, no, i haven't, i've been to busy working on ikt..LOL!!

I picked it up from Cumbria on good friday, drove up there, and drove it home, 300 miles in one hit...... i bought it on ebay, from the manager of the national trust park where it had lived for 14 years...., needless to say it was totally standard when i got it, 49k from new..:)

Since then, i have used it in 2 rtv trials, one on easter sunday just 2 days after i got it! and i have done, cambelt, oil, filter, fuel/air filter, changed the locks, fitted new tubular outriggers so i could fit the sliders brackets, HD front bumper, steering guard, home made winch tray, chequerplate, different wheels/tyres.... southdown snorkel that i've had powder coated so its more discrete.... new front grill, wiper park switch, washer nozzle...... solid steering arms.. the list goes on.....

Anyways, the pics were put up to show the winch tray, it has the 4 bolts that hold the HD bumper on, and two through the front cross member, the two front winch bolts go throught the bumper aswell.... so i don;t think it'll come off!!!

Next on the list are taller front springs to get it back where it started.... and the existing HD front springs are going on the back, from my understanding they will be softer than the hd ones currently on it...... i don;t want to lift it, as it has to be alrc rtv legal.... hence the bumper etc.... i also have de carbon shocks on the way............ braided brake lines, oh, and a new chassis....LOL!!! i will be doing a whole topic on the chassis swap alone, i intend to lift the entire body up in one lump with a telehandler...... all one my lonesone!!!
gone from 200tdi.... to 300tdi... still with loads done to it, in fact, even more than the last truck...LOL!!!

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 23:18:04 »
90 ?
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Disco-Ron

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 23:21:33 »
yeh, shoulda said, sorry..LOL!!.... i'm still getting used to it, i've had 2 discos and now this........ its totally different......... i'm doing ok though, my second rtv trial was yesterday, and i scored a mere one point all day and won....:)... mind you, i won the lwb class 2 yrs running....! for our club i should add!

Offline M20LSY

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 12:57:08 »
Very nice mate! I like it!  :dance:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal