Vehicle & Technical > Isuzu / Frontera

isuzu 4jb wiring

<< < (2/3) > >>

dxmedia:

--- Quote from: ChrisV8 on July 21, 2010, 09:14:27 ---As said but ...... there might be another stop solenoid hidden round the back of the injection pump, that needs wiring in with t'other one. Took me ages to find that one, it just wouldn't start, once done ran like a goodun, great engine in a 110, especially if you tweak the fuel up a bit, doesn't seem to affect the fuel consumption much either.

--- End quote ---

Only if it's a frontera 2.8. The trooper 2.8 only has a single stop soliniod.

ChrisV8:
Errrr no   :?  my engine came out of a 91 Trooper and that definitely had two stop solenoids, so has my mates in his 90 and that came out of a Trooper as well cos we ripped both of them out ourselves.

Doesn't matter just make sure if there are two they are both given a live feed.

dxmedia:
Where's the 2nd then?  The main stop soliniod, as your looking at the rear of the VE pump, with the ring of injector pipes, is to the bottom right. The frontera 2.8 has a 2nd under a blanking plate for the imobiliser which is controlled by the ECU behind the glove box, I didn't think that the trooper had this?  The 2.8 bighorn engine and the 2.8 MU engine I've got only have the single soliniod.

ChrisV8:
Second one was tucked round the back of the pump on the top about 50 - 75 mm away the spade connector gave it away, once connected to a live feed everything worked fine, very strange I think it may have been for eventual connection to an ECU but never bothered to find out as it worked fine !

dxmedia:

--- Quote from: ChrisV8 on July 27, 2010, 18:44:34 ---Second one was tucked round the back of the pump on the top about 50 - 75 mm away the spade connector gave it away, once connected to a live feed everything worked fine, very strange I think it may have been for eventual connection to an ECU but never bothered to find out as it worked fine !

--- End quote ---

Will have to have a look myself - Know where you mean. If it was a 1 off I'd guess that the pump had been changed for a frontera one in it's life, but to be the same on two...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version