Vehicle & Technical > Not Anything Listed Above....

Restoring a Record Vice

<< < (2/3) > >>

Saffy:
I had a dream last night about finding box of rusty record vices in rubbish heap. Now this morning I see this thread active again  :shocked:

Cyberprog:

--- Quote from: Saffy on April 20, 2010, 07:39:03 ---I had a dream last night about finding box of rusty record vices in rubbish heap. Now this morning I see this thread active again  :shocked:

--- End quote ---
I'd worry if I were you. Rusty vices? You should be dreaming of rusty landies...

Saffy:

--- Quote from: Cyberprog on April 20, 2010, 14:22:49 ---
--- Quote from: Saffy on April 20, 2010, 07:39:03 ---I had a dream last night about finding box of rusty record vices in rubbish heap. Now this morning I see this thread active again  :shocked:

--- End quote ---
I'd worry if I were you. Rusty vices? You should be dreaming of rusty landies...

--- End quote ---

Was odd aye, dream went on to me having to set up a lathe with a 4 jaw chuck whilst being observed by a prospective boss. Weird to be having engineering dreams especially as I haven't touched a 4 jaw chuck since apprenticeship nor have I any recent ambition of working in engineering. I do have a big record vice in the footwell of my series 1 that I need to mount somewhere.

Range Rover Blues:
With the possible exception of the lathes, the workshp at work is less well equiped than my garage.  It's sad to see decent tools (like the Record vices) neglected and abused by kids.

Nice to have access to a lathe again though, even if I'll have to sort it out before I can use it.

Cyberprog:

--- Quote from: Range Rover Blues on September 29, 2010, 01:08:25 ---With the possible exception of the lathes, the workshp at work is less well equiped than my garage.  It's sad to see decent tools (like the Record vices) neglected and abused by kids.

Nice to have access to a lathe again though, even if I'll have to sort it out before I can use it.

--- End quote ---

Just wait till they trap their fingers in one. Those are the most lasting lessons you can have :) (i.e. the ones involving broken bones & blood blisters)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version