AuthorTopic: newbie sportrak problem needs help  (Read 2845 times)

Offline winstan

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
newbie sportrak problem needs help
« on: January 14, 2010, 22:32:29 »
hi there recently bought a very cheap sportrak for a bit of fun it has lost drive to the front wheels a mate has had a look and said one driveshaft is turning on the front- obviously the auto locking hubs are screwed not too much of a prob but should it be turning both?

same for the back only one wheel is spinning ?

any help much appreciated and any cheap manual hubs going? :)

Offline horsethief

Attack Member
  • Mootara say's show me the water
Re: newbie sportrak problem needs help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 19:31:22 »
Had a problem with my auto hub,got a second hand one,had no problems since.Put it in 4wd drive forward 10-15 yards straight,drive it back onto your drive,leave it in gear stop engine and jack up front,you should not be able to turn front wheels forward.The hubs are quite easy to strip down and clean,the ring on mine was broke.My sportrak would spin oppisite corners quite easy at angles.
Now got some camacs and bfg a/ts can't get it stuck.Need longer legs.

Offline TRACMAN

Attack Member
Re: newbie sportrak problem needs help
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 21:12:43 »
Hi might be a bit late now but might help some one else,as previously mentioned the hubs might just need cleaning and freeing up regrease and refit.mine on the other hand,the coil like spring that which move the hubs to locked position(auto hubs) was broken on one side so not working.due to snow i needed 4 wd i removed the hubs moved them into the locked position and refitted them without the coil like spring so they stayed in the locked position all the time, so when you selected 4wd inside the car(short gear lever) the front wheels engaged,the only down side was you had the drag of the front diff and prop being turned by the front wheels when in 2 wd so slight increase of fuel consumption,but you were sure you had 4wd when needed.
good luck
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 21:25:51 by TRACMAN »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal