AuthorTopic: Classic History ?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline 90Mike

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Classic History ?
« on: January 06, 2010, 16:39:49 »
Hi guys does anyone know if there is anyway of finding out the history or production date of a RR classic soft dash with out paying Gaydon plus the V5 is not available. The reason i ask is we have one at work that has come to the end of its life and has been taken out of storage and will possibly be sold or scrapped  :shock: BUT rumour has it that it was one of the very last off the production line (I'm told  :roll: 3rd from last) and that it was the one that corgi had modeled one of there police vehicles on,it would be a shame to let it get scrapped especially if its got this much history  ;)
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: Classic History ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 20:01:16 »
You could contact Gaydon. some of the records ended up there.  You could also try someone like Rimmers who use the chassis numbers to identify parts etc, they might be able to tell you the chassis number of the last RRC, which is at gaydon BTW.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline doda456

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 16:57:20 »
With a bit of googleing or asking about, you should be able to find the last chassis number that was made.  You can then just count backwards and find out how young/old it is.

If it is for sale im sure they be be a few mud clubbers or would interested

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 17:19:36 »
Thanks Guys i have just got the Vin number and someone is looking in to for me so i will keep you posted i will try and get some photos up later of it ,you may be surprised when you see it but some of you may recognize it  ;) ;)
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal