Vehicle & Technical > Not Anything Listed Above....

Another Dream Machine

<< < (2/3) > >>

turtle:
Number 4 I know straight away that was Happy Days and his character was Richie Cunningham (Think I spelt it right).

I will work on the others..... Watch this space

Bush Tucker Man:
Spot on there 'Plugger'

Right then, returning to 'American Graffitti' (superb for anyone with an interest in '50's American cars)
How did Falfa (Harrison Ford) describe the 'Deuce'; "A cross between....?"

Name the first song played in the opening title sequence & the first star to appear in that sequence.

Name the last song & scene, together with the star?

***And the question about the '55 Chevrolet 150.
Name the other  (musical star) in it.

By The Way, the cars (3 of them) 2 were actually fitted with 454ci & the 3rd with a L88 427i (top Corvette engine) BIG V8's (bigger than 'Piglets' :D )

turtle:
How this....

1. The 55 Chevy was original built for the movie “Two Lane Blacktop”. Equipped with a full NASCAR style roll-cage.

2. X.E.R.B was the outlawed radio station

3. The Pharaohs, The task – ties a cable around the axle of a Police car.

4. Happy Days – Richie Cunningham

5. Ron Howard has just cast Mike Myers in his new film Cat in the Hat; Mike Myers said, "We're not worthy!!" in Waynes World.

turtle:

--- Quote from: "Grinch" ---How did Falfa (Harrison Ford) describe the 'Deuce'; "A cross between....?"

Name the first song played in the opening title sequence & the first star to appear in that sequence.

Name the last song & scene, together with the star?

***And the question about the '55 Chevrolet 150.
Name the other  (musical star) in it.

--- End quote ---

1, Sorta a cross between P**s Yellow and Puke Green, ain't it?

2. When the film begins, the credits play over a view of Mel's drive-in Restaurant late one summer afternoon as the sun is dropping. A blaring radio plays a familiar rock tune ["(We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock," by Bill Haley and His Comets] as four friends convene there:
·   Steve Bolander (19 year old Ron Howard), He leans on his white '58 Chevy Impala.
·   Terry Fields (20 year old Charles Martin Smith), He rides in on an uncontrollable white Vespa scooter.
·   Curtis Henderson (26 year old Richard Dreyfuss),
·   Laurie Henderson (26 year old Cindy Williams), She drives in at the wheel of a '58 Edsel.

So answer to the question - Rock around the clock – by Bill Haley and the Comets, and the Star is Ron Howard (Steve Bolander)

3. "Goodnight Sweetheart, Well It's Time to Go," by The Spaniels. At the airport,

4. I think - Mackenzie Phillips who played Carol Morrison.

Bush Tucker Man:
Damn you're good!!!

Sorry by the Chevvy question I meant in '2-L-B-T'
The link to 'Little Deuce Coupe' & 'The Beach Boys' was Dennis Wilson (mechanic) & the other singer (driver) was James Taylor  

Yep, that's the shade of paint "[throw it]-Yellow & Puke-Green" :D
Well I was actually thinking of Richard Dreyfuss being the first (big) star to arrive in his 'Tin Snail' (2CV)

Didn't Charles Martin Smith star in some big gangster/FBI film in the '90's?

Last song was actually 'All Summer Long' by the Beach Boys ,as Curt (Dreyfuss) flies off to College & he sees the white T-Bird below.

Can I take it these 2 sites helped a lot? (I've got them 'bookmarked')

http://kathyschrock.net/graffiti/
http://www.melsdrive-in.com/script.html

Wasn't that fun?????

People will think we're a right pair of old fogies :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version