AuthorTopic: rrc 3.5 efi not firing  (Read 701 times)

Offline R2D2

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • "Old Tart" white, new "Jump-Jet" blue one 2xLPG
  • Referrals: 0
rrc 3.5 efi not firing
« on: October 14, 2009, 14:03:08 »
Calling all experts,  hi again,
Try and keep it short and simple,  About a year ago I drove it in the garden overnight and next morning fuel pump not pumping.  Someone told me to remove the pump relay and put a jumper between 2 (can't remember which 2) pins to give the pump direct power, this worked. So replaced relay and away it went for 6 months.

End of may 09 needed to put rear box back on it for MOT same thing pump dead.  So being the plonker that I am jumped the pins again ....but incorrectly turned on the ignition ..resulting in melting black wires under seat.  oops!!

Have now replaced charred wires, relay, and ecu but still no pump...(pump pumps if direct off of a battery) .

Today I fed the pump direct and tried to start the ol' gal but she not firing still.  And just to complicate things even more it has a single point lpg kit on it with manual switch but I left it to run on petrol as the gas needs fuel flowing to shut it off and release the lpg.
Anyone know which pins give it direct power or where the wiring goes to tell it to fire. will go see if there any spark at plugs.
Rgds  David
:smiley:

Gosh, this water's deep!!! Only comes half-way up that duck.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal