AuthorTopic: Frontera 2.0i sport - advice please.  (Read 3265 times)

Offline AndyN

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Frontera 2.0i sport - advice please.
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:40:15 »
Morning all,

Been off here for a while now but the need for a second car has started me off looking for 4x4's again.
Seen a few Frontera's now , look cheap enough so it will do what I want it to and I can't really go wrong, i'm going to get a 2.0 as they'd be a doddle to fix with the cavalier engine.

My question is, can you get around 30mpg on a run with these and what do you normally get in urban driving? and second question is, is the trooper coil upgrade to lift them only for the LWB or will it work on the SWB too?

Any answers would be great, hopefully may go and get one this afternoon  :lol:

Drift

Re: Frontera 2.0i sport - advice please.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:58:13 »
From 95 they where coil sprung, the heavy duty miller coils wont give much of a lift but there are other places selling coils to lift it, alternatively you can fit spacers but that wont improve articulation.
The main weakness on the 20L is the rear crank shaft oil seal leaking and on most older fronteras the rear diff pan leaks, though thats about £60 for a new diff pan.
The rear of the rocker cover leaks a bit but not that important.

Other than that they are real easy to maintain and work on.

Should get around 27mpg if services well. 

Offline 666

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Frontera 2.0i sport - advice please.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 20:24:15 »
Not a lot to go wrong with the little 8 valve! Worse thing is the chocolate front diff if you give em too much stick off road  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Your never going to get good mpg though out of a 2 ton 4x4 thats only got a 2.0l engine!
Im lucky if i get mine in the low 20's on a run!
Allthough it dont do much less when im towing my boats so it aint that bad  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal